Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine.
One of the biggest decisions you will make as a family is choosing the right car for your family’s needs. Let me tell you, we have a family of five with three kids of varying ages. So for us, we need a vehicle that is large enough for all of us to sit comfortably that is not going to guzzle gas. What do you look for in a family vehicle?
Here are a few tips on what to look for when choosing the right vehicle for your posse.
1. Evaluate the car’s safety features: Obviously safety is huge! You want to go on road trips or to Grandma’s house and get there in one piece. As creepy and scary as it sounds, you should really check out the website: National Highway Transportation Safety Association (NHTSA) website to see which vehicles performed the best in crash tests.
2. Consider size: How many kids do you have? Will you be toting pets with you? Will you be taking a lot of family trips together? How far will you be travelling? How much storage will you need?
3. Test drive with the whole family: I know it sounds like a pain, but if you are looking for a family vehicle, you should bring the entire family with for a test drive.
4. Weigh the pros and cons of the vehicles on your list: Make a list and seriously evaluate each vehicle. What do you like about each vehicle? What don’t you like?
5. Visit Cars.com: One of the best things you can do is get feedback from other people who have owned or currently own the vehicle that you have your eye on. The best form of advertising is word of mouth, right? Cars.com is a great resource to learning about your potential purchase. Check out the website for information that will provide you with everything including extensive reviews. If there is a vehicle that isn’t very highly rated, hasn’t performed well or is not a good purchase, you’ll find that information on cars.com.
Image via Getty Image and Cars.com