This sponsored post was written by me in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Sears. All opinions are 100% mine.
When I was a little girl, the day after Thanksgiving was always a day we looked forward to as a family as up went the Christmas tree in our quaint living room next to our front door. It was a magical time and even today my husband and I try to incorporate our traditions growing up into our celebration today. And, we have even added a few of our own traditions that we can share as our own family.
Here are 5 Holiday Traditions We Do With Our Family:
1. Decorating: At our house we love decorating for the holiday season. From red and gold to silver and red, we change it up every year to make things fun. The kids love to help lay out the place settings for our dinner table.
2. Holiday Baking: Another holiday tradition our family has is making treats! The kids all pick out their own recipe they want to make and we take over the kitchen. From decorated pretzels, to our favorite corn flake wreaths to peanut butter kiss cookies, we put together fun little Christmas plates to give out to friends and neighbors and for our family gatherings.
3. Write a letter to Santa: Even though the digital age allows us to email the North Pole, we do sit down with the kids the night before Christmas to write a letter for Santa.
4. Christmas Eve Mexican meal: When I grew up at home, the Eve of Christmas we would have a Mexican food feast, which primarily included tacos and beans and rice. This tradition carries through to our own family. We make tacos with all of the fixings and sometimes my husband makes enchiladas.
5. Birthday Cake for Jesus: We are Christians and celebrate the birth of Jesus so as part of our new holiday traditions we bake and decorate a birthday cake in honor of Jesus’ birthday. We have been doing this for a few years now and it is so fun to be able to teach our kids the real meaning behind Christmas!
Christmas is the season of giving!
And when we choose to shop for gifts, we look for bargains and getting more for our money. At Sears, you can always count on getting more – more value, more brands, more rewards and more ways to shop – and this holiday season, Sears has partnered with the Huffington Post to highlight Latino Holiday traditions and how Sears can bring some of those traditions to life! You can check out some of those fun Holiday traditions here.
Check out Vanessa Bell from De Su Mamadoes her Family Christmas Celebrating via Huffington Post.
What are some of your holiday traditions you share with your family?