Urgent Health Care From Your Home With Amwell

‘Tis the season for cold and flu and kiddos not feeling well. I can tell you this…one of my LEAST favorite things in the world to do is sit in a waiting room. What REALLY gets me is sitting in a waiting room, alongside a zillion other people with coughs, fevers, and germs galore. That’s why I continue to use Amwell services from the comfort of my own home.

Amwell is the nation’s largest telehealth company, connecting users with board-certified, licensed doctors for immediate and live, online visits—day or night, on either mobile or desktop. Some general conditions our doctors encounter include: minor illnesses and injuries, general health and wellness concerns, prescription refills, and chronic condition management. Amwell employs primary care and specialist physicians, as well as licensed behavioral therapists and registered dietitians, to meet patients’ health and wellness needs. Amwell doctors are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and are dedicated to keeping you healthy.

What I love about Amwell is how easy it is to use, how quickly I am connected to a professional and how affordable a visit really is.

Recently my little girl broke out in a rash on her face, and so I recently made an appointment with Amwell. What I loved about using Amwell is first of all, the convenience.

I didn’t have to change out of my pajamas, nor get my daughter ready to go see a doctor. I was able to ask my questions right in the comforts of my own home. Secondly, every time I have used Amwell, I never have a problem using the website. It is so easy to find my way around the website AND I didn’t have to wait long to speak with a health professional. Not only that, but the nurse practitioner we spoke with was very knowledgeable. All my questions were answered and we found out my daughter’s rash was a reaction to her bath soap.

I was super happy it wasn’t anything major, but I was also happy we didn’t have to wait in our waiting room in our city for this!

I also want you all to know that Amwell offers so much more…services like doctor appointments, prescription refill, therapy and more.

And as a savingmamasita.com reader, I am offering you a chance to try Amwell for a discount. Here’s the deal:

Get 50% OFF one visit. Just use this code! EXPIRES 12/31/17. MOMHELP8 – OFFER – 50% OFF 1 VISIT. EACH FOLLOWER CAN USE THIS CODE ONCE. VISIT COST IS $59 SO FINAL PRICE IS $29.50. EXPIRES 12/31/17

Compensation was provided by Amwell via Momtrends. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions of Amwell or Momtrends.

About ANelson

ANelson

31 Responses to “Urgent Health Care From Your Home With Amwell

• I have never used a service like this, but would be up for it! I hate going to the dr when I sort of know what I’m sick with, like when it’s sinuses. This is great, and will keep it in mind the next time I’m sick.

• sixtimemommy@gmail.com'
    Jeanine
    1 week ago

This is a great service to have especially when you have children! Especially if it’s not a severe illness or injury that requires a trip to the ER. Very convenient for parents!

• I love how technology is allowing doctors back into our homes. I think this is a great option and will make life so much easier for many people!

• angelacampos51@yahoo.com'
    Angela @marathonsandmotivation.com
    1 week ago

I’ve never used this, but as a Registered Nurse, it sounds interesting! I will have to check more into it!!

• I have never used this. I wonder if insurance covers this kind of consultation but this is very interesting. I definitely have to check this out.

• That is a great service Amwell is providing. I haven’t used it yet, but I would imagine many parents of young children will!

• I think it’s great that there is technology that helps you so easily see a physician. So many people procrastinate or make excuses to keep from seeing a physician. But this makes it so easy. And it’s definitely better than self-diagnosing.

• It’s amazing that we are now able to receive health care within our own home! I think it’s so advantageous when you sick to be able to get the diagnosis and prescription you need from the comfort of your bed.

• Who knew they had a service like this! We are in the military, so I have never had to give healthcare a second thought. Simply take the kids to the base hospital, or if an ER, go to the ER. But, I can absolutely see this as a major convenience as getting an appointment can be a pain at times. thanks for sharing.

Thrifting Diva

• I have never used Amwell, but I have been hearing great things about it lately. I’ll have to give their service a try in the future!

• This sounds like a great resource to have when it comes to your health. I had never heard of it before, but will check it out.

• rebecca@bexpeditions.com'
    Rebecca
    1 week ago

I’ve never heard of something like this before! It’s like a much more modern and less scary way than Googling your symptoms, ha. What an interesting service especially if you’re traveling often!

• Not having to leave home makes this a bonus all round! Imagine if it had been something contagious, I hope this kind of service continues to grow!

• journalds@yahoo.com'
    Journa Ramirez
    7 days ago

This is one of the blessings of technology. We can now talk to an expert without waiting for a long time. I love this!

• dd@kkdkkdkd.com'
    robin rue
    6 days ago

We have used Amwell a few times and LOVE it. It’s super convenient to not even have to leave the house to see a doctor.

• I actually am home sick today with pink eye so this post couldn’t have come at a better time. I’m glad that technology makes this service so convenient and accessible.

• I love that this program has been created. It’s such a great thing for people, especially if mobility is an issue! Bring doctors back into our homes is awesome.

• It looks like a great service for most common problems that don’t need to be seen in person. I will keep it in mind when those flus and cough and colds start.

• I have never used a telehealth service like Amwell before. However, it would definitely be beneficial in the future!

• I would love to try a service like this, especially in the midst of cold and flu season. It’s so hard to take a sick child to the doctor when all they want to do is sleep and this could allow them to stay comfy at home.

• This is such a helpful tool. Going to the ER or visiting a doctor isn’t always necessary or easy to do so having a doctor available via online can be a great resource.

• It’s good to have access to a doctor especially if you have someone at home who is dealing with a chronic illness. Amwell makes things more convenient! No more lines to go see a doctor!

• juliahunter716@gmail.com'
    Julia Hunter
    5 days ago

I’ve always wanted to try a program like this, it’s so convenient when you have kids and it’s hard to get out to the doctors in the winter.

• I totally see this as the way of the future. As an adult I know when it is a sinus infection and it would be so convenient to not have to leave the house. When my kids have what I think is an ear infection I guess I would have to take them in for a doctor to look and see.

• almostindianwife@gmail.com'
    Brittany
    5 days ago

We are always in and out of the doctors offices for my three kids. I would love something easy and convenient like this!

• Oh I can see now that even medication is now on it’s higher level. This development is really making life more easier and more safer. I so love this idea!

• I have never thought of using this service before. But so many people are talking about the benefits of not having to leave home, so I am thinking this is something I need to look into.

• I just heard of Amwell recently and think it sounds like a great service! I love that you can get medical questions answered in the comfort of your own home.

• This is such an amazing service for parents. We go and go and go but sometimes we need to stop and make time for ourselves. Especially if we aren’t feeling well. Fitting in a healthcare appointment never really happens for me but I would definitely do it if my appointment could be online!

• Oooo what a helpful service!!! Especially with winter coming. Not having to leave the house to see a doctor sounds like a dream

• There are few things I dislike more than going to the DRs. So I’m really loving this option