STEM MOMS: Moms Are Performing Better in Tech Startups
Moms Are Performing Better in Tech Startups
There is still a big gap between the number of male and female workers in tech. While larger corporations still prefer to hire men for tech-related jobs, startups and newer businesses value women tech specialists more than ever. There are a number of reasons that fuel this shift towards more female tech workers according to studies compiled by New Jersey Institute of Technology and its online masters computer science department.
For starters, women, especially moms, are known to have better intuition. They work better in analyzing user experience and creating a totally positive UX in general. Yes, women are rated as more empathetic towards customers, allowing them to have better insight when developing tech-related solutions. On top of that, women tend to listen better and can come up with creative solutions faster.
Despite these shifts, there are still discrepancies on the market. You can learn more about these differences from the full infographic, Are Stereotypes Keeping Women Away From Science?
The New Jersey Institute of Technology created this infographic:
- STEM MOMS: Moms Are Performing Better in Tech Startups - February 26, 2017
- MOMS IN SCHOOL: How Moms Can Find Time to Study - February 25, 2017
- Top Money Saving Tips when Saving for College Admissions - February 5, 2017
- Great Courses for Moms Returning to School - January 10, 2017
- How to Control Your Health Care Education Costs - January 10, 2017
- Recipes for Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings - December 11, 2016
- Leveraging Tech to Make Parenting Easier: 3 Essential Tips - December 4, 2016
- What Every Mother Should Know Before Returning to College - November 26, 2016
- The Best Black Friday Facebook Pages - November 23, 2016
- YUM ALERT: Basic Fruit Dip Recipes - November 15, 2016