Leveraging Tech to Make Parenting Easier: 3 Essential Tips
As a parent, my to-do list is literally never ending.
Just when I feel like I’m starting to get things under control so I can enjoy a minute or two of downtime, something has to come up. The dog has fleas, the littles need half of the hardware store to do an at-home science experiment, or my car needs to be serviced.
My issue is that I try to take it all on, and I try to take it all on myself… But, as a wise man once said, the secret to balance is a little thing called delegation.
Thankfully, I’ve found some amazing resources that have not only simplified my life big time, but have also created more time for our family to connect and enjoy each other’s company, without the stress.
Here are three essential tech resources every parent should have on hand, to keep life as simple as possible.
I am still, to this day, in complete admiration of the parents who somehow manage to cook amazing family meals every night, on top of everything else. Don’t get me wrong – I love cooking, but only when I have the time to do it, and don’t need to worry about running off to the grocery store to fill the gaps, or plan out a dinner that everyone will actually like.
Blue Apron takes the hassle out of family meals. The service lets you specify your meal preferences, and then it will send you the (pre-measured) ingredients for meals the day-of, so all you need to do is follow their recipe instructions and enjoy. This is a major time (and stress!) saver that every parent should have for the back-burner at least one night a week.
You know that list of to-do’s that you’ve had scribbled on the kitchen blackboard for ages, but just can’t seem to get around to doing? The real reason you ‘can’t’ cross them off is that you actually just don’t want to do them.
This is where Task Rabbit comes in. With the touch of a button, you can use the app (or website) to delegate errands or annoying tasks (think unpacking or assembling IKEA furniture) to a trusted somebody else. So, you get the satisfaction of crossing that item off your list, without the hassle. Not bad.
OurPact is a modern necessity for parents. This free app help you keep screen time in check through at-a-touch or automated blocking of internet and apps on kids devices… Remotely.
Next time you’ve made (your Blue Apron) dinner, instead of arguing with your kids to put their Angry Birds away, you can tap a button to block devices for an hour… Or set up a schedule to make sure screens aren’t used past bedtime (anyone who knows a cranky, under-slept kid knows this is key). The reviews speak for themselves; this top-rated app is the kind of thing you can’t imagine you ever lived without once you have it.
- STEM MOMS: Moms Are Performing Better in Tech Startups - February 26, 2017
- MOMS IN SCHOOL: How Moms Can Find Time to Study - February 25, 2017
- Top Money Saving Tips when Saving for College Admissions - February 5, 2017
- Great Courses for Moms Returning to School - January 10, 2017
- How to Control Your Health Care Education Costs - January 10, 2017
- Recipes for Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings - December 11, 2016
- Leveraging Tech to Make Parenting Easier: 3 Essential Tips - December 4, 2016
- What Every Mother Should Know Before Returning to College - November 26, 2016
- The Best Black Friday Facebook Pages - November 23, 2016
- YUM ALERT: Basic Fruit Dip Recipes - November 15, 2016