Healthy Halloween Snacks and Treats
When you hear the word Halloween, do you immediately think of healthy? Probably not. In fact, the word healthy is probably the last word you associate with Halloween. However, there are actually some Halloween snacks and treats that are healthy.
Mummified English Muffin Pizzas
English muffins, lightly toasted
Marinara or pizza sauce
Sliced black olives
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a baking sheet, lay the English muffins. Then, add one tablespoon of marinara or pizza sauce to each muffin. Use two slices of black olives for each muffin, to make the mummy’s eyes. Place strips of string cheese under the olive slices, to resemble mummy bandages. Bake in the preheated oven for 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Pumpkin and Banana Smoothie
1 cup of vanilla almond milk
¼ cup of pumpkin puree
½ cup of crushed ice
Add the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
Candy Corn Fruit Sticks
Pineapple slices, cut each slice into 6 pieces
Cantaloupe slices, cut each slice into 8 pieces
Banana slices, cut each slice into small triangle shapes
Small skewers or sticks
Layer each stick so that it looks like a candy corn. Add the pineapple on the bottom, followed by the cantaloupe and finally the banana on top.
10 cups of plain, unseasoned popcorn, popped
½ stick of margarine
½ teaspoon of red icing color
To make the “blood”, using a small saucepan over low heat, melt the margarine then transfer to a bowl. Slowly add in the red icing color. Using a whisk, mix together the margarine and red icing color until the butter is a nice shade of “bloody” red. Slowly pour some of the red mixture over the popcorn, gently toss and repeat until the mixture is gone.
What are your favorite Halloween snacks and treats to make?
- How to Avoid Common Errors When Ordering Flowers Online - January 19, 2017
- Budget Friendly Family Activities - January 19, 2017
- Best Recipe Apps of 2016 - January 17, 2017
- HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA: ArcKit For Your Little Builder - December 20, 2016
- The Hidden Moving Costs Nobody Tells You About - December 18, 2016
- HOLIDAY DEALS: Zootopia and Miles From Tomorrowland Bundles on TOMY.com - December 10, 2016
- Christmas Trees On Parade - December 9, 2016
- Best Holiday Styles Ideas for Teen/Tween Boys - December 8, 2016
- Quilted Northern Target Cartwheel Offer! - December 5, 2016
- Amazon.com 12 Days of Deals Starts Sunday - December 2, 2016