Brilliant Hacks for Organizing Your Closets

closets

Brilliant Hacks for Organizing Your Closets

Organizing your closet is probably not the most exciting thing in the world to do but something we all have to do at one time or another. The good news is that there are some fun little shortcuts you can take to make this task easier. Here are some brilliant hacks for organizing your closets.

Shower Curtain Hooks– Shower curtain hooks can be used to hang things like handbags instead of having them all over your closet floor. Just place the hooks on the closet bar for easy hanging. You can also use them to hang things like neckties.

Colored Hangers– Use different colored hangers to easily organize and find items in your closet. For instance, use blue hangers for jeans, red hangers for shirts and white hangers for dresses.

Soda Can Tabs– Soda can tabs can be helpful when you are short on space in your closet. Just slide a soda can tab onto a hanger, allowing it to hang down. Then, add another hanger to the bottom tab hole.

Wire Baskets– Small wire baskets can be hung on the inside wall or door of your closet to store smaller items like socks and scarves.

Kitchen Dish-Drying Racks– Use one of the smaller kitchen dish-drying racks to place on the closet floor. You can then use it to organize your clutches.

Plastic Bins– Plastic bins can be placed on your closet floor to store items such as towels and sheets.

Rain Gutter Guards– Rain gutter guards are ideal for make perfect earring holders. Just hang on the interior closet wall. The holes in the rain guards are the ideal size to fit a pair of earrings.

Spring Tension Rods– Place some spring tension rods in the back of your closet. Then hang your high heel shoes on them to save you space.

Magazine Holders– Remember those cardboard magazine holders? You can put a couple on your closet floor and use them to store sandals and flip flops.

alnmedia@yahoo.com'

About Madison Main

When Madison isn't tending to her job at a bank, she is hauling her 5 children to soccer practice and other activities. Main is also a speech and drama coach at the local high school.
alnmedia@yahoo.com'
Madison Main

31 Responses to “Brilliant Hacks for Organizing Your Closets

• We’re getting ready to move into our forever home and I am currently collecting hints and tops. Thanks for sharing your great hacks!

• Love the different colored hangers for organizing! Also love the Idea of the magazine holders and am totally going to do that for flip flops!

• These are fun hacks that will make your clothes so much more efficient and organized!

• An organized closet just feels so much freer! I love having matching hangers, especially the colorful velvet ones you can pick up at Home Goods. They pull the whole thing together. Thanks for sharing these tips!

• These are awesome closet tips! I love it! You gave me so many new ideas for closet organization!

• So many great hacks!! My sister and I share a walk in closet and we’re definitely getting tight on space! Will have to try some of these things out!

• megan.mccoig@hotmail.co.uk'
    Megan McCoig
    2 months ago

I love the wire racks option – a great way to store the smaller things that can’t really be placed anywhere else. Great tips!

• I need to redo my closet! I have so much space, but I isn’t organized well. These are some great tips to keep everything organized. Great Fall project.

• One of my goals for the back half of this year is to get serious about organization. These are all such great tips that I know I will be using.

• These are very useful closet tips. My closet is in a mess. I need to have those wire baskets and magazine racks.

• I love the idea for the magazine holders! I find that my shoes end up kind of all over and this would be good to keep them in one spot.

• danavento@gmail.com'
    Dana Vento
    2 months ago

I like these ideas! You are so brilliant. I will make these on my closet too!

• Never thought to use the Shower curtain hangers, but that is an awesome idea. Gonna give it a try!

• annb10@rogers.com'
    Ann Bacciaglia
    2 months ago

My closet is a mess. I will have to use these tips to get it all organized. I think it will be a good project to do this weekend.

• These are such smart hacks. I’ve never thought about using common household items to make organization simple and affordable.

• These are awesome closet tips! I love it!

• Great closet hacks that i need. If you would see my closet space now you would laugh!

• I love organized closets they make me so happy! I wish mine were organized right now.

• calipertir@aol.com'
    Christina Aliperti
    2 months ago

The wire baskets would make a major difference in my closet. I have to try these hacks out!

• I have really been struggling with organizing our closets lately-these are great tips. I will be implementing them during spring cleaning!

• That’s all so awesome. Some of these hacks, I’ve never thought of doing before especially the soda can tabs and the magazine holders. Thank for the ideas! They’re going to help a lot.

• angelacampos51@yahoo.com'
    Angela @marathonsandmotivation.com
    2 months ago

I am in the process of decluttering and reorganizing now! Perfect timing to come across this, thanks for sharing 🙂

• Spring tension rods are the best! We use them for everything in our house! I even used to hand my kids toys in their play room.

• wilsonre09@gmail.com'
    Reesa Lewandowski
    2 months ago

My closet is so unorganized. I definitely need these hacks in my life to make my closet better.

• Great tips! I need this for my closet and the kids closet. Thanks for sharing.

• As we prepare to move to a new home, I can totally use these tips. My mission is to be bette organized at the new house!

• My husband and I are planning on buying our first home by the end of the year, and the house is definitely going to be more organized than the one we are living in now. These tips definitely help!

• These are all such great tips! I majorly need to re-organize my closet!!

• These are some excellent ideas! I never thought to use magazine racks for flip flops or colored hangers for different clothes. I’m going to go out and get some of these right away!

• I love organizing and am always looking for new tips and tricks to make it more structured in my life. I NEED to get to my closets, so this post is coming to me at the perfect time!

• One of the best things I did for our closet was buy a rod/rack. It hangs from the existing rod creating a second one underneath it. I couldn’t fit a tension rod there so this is perfect! Especially as now I have a second rod for all my workout clothes!!!