Why Your Kids Should be Playing Pokemon Go
I’m sure by now you have heard something about the new Pokemon Go game. Pokemon Go is a free app download on your smartphone (both Android and IOS.) There has been both positive and negative opinions in the news, but I am going to point out why your kids SHOULD be playing.
Pokemon Go is a great game to play with younger kids. For young kids that don’t have their own phone you can let them use your smartphone. You go out walking and try to catch Pokemon. It is kind of like a scavenger hunt. There are also PokeStops which let you spin for items, like more Poke Balls.
This game really gets kids up and moving, and spending time outdoors. The whole family can join in. I have seen more families out walking around then I ever have before, which is a very positive thing. Everyone is getting more exercise while having a good time.
Older kids may want to go out with their friends. I have seen lots of kids on their bikes. Kids will spend hours out riding around and going to Poke Stops or catching Pokemon. With older kids just make sure to remind them to pay attention to where they are going. This is common sense, but it is good to remind them to stop riding or walking when they find a Pokemon, and not look down at their phone.
Most of the negatives about Pokemon Go have to do with accidents and kids not paying attention. Just reinforce to your older kids that they need to follow all laws and rules and pay attention.
The Pokemon Go phenomenon is growing. I have seen elementary kids all the way up to older adults playing. Pokemon Go seems to bridge all age gaps and any other differences. This is another great positive about the game- it really brings all kinds of people together!
If you haven’t tried the game or let your kids play it, give it a try. Go Catch them all!
Images via Nintendo
- How to Avoid Common Errors When Ordering Flowers Online - January 19, 2017
- Budget Friendly Family Activities - January 19, 2017
- Best Recipe Apps of 2016 - January 17, 2017
- HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA: ArcKit For Your Little Builder - December 20, 2016
- The Hidden Moving Costs Nobody Tells You About - December 18, 2016
- HOLIDAY DEALS: Zootopia and Miles From Tomorrowland Bundles on TOMY.com - December 10, 2016
- Christmas Trees On Parade - December 9, 2016
- Best Holiday Styles Ideas for Teen/Tween Boys - December 8, 2016
- Quilted Northern Target Cartwheel Offer! - December 5, 2016
- Amazon.com 12 Days of Deals Starts Sunday - December 2, 2016