Kid’s DIY Gift Boxes
Kid’s DIY Gift Boxes
Summer is here and you are probably trying to come up with ways to keep the kids busy. Why not try some useful crafts? All you need is a toilet paper roll (or paper towel roll) to start with. You can always find those around the house, so why not put them to good use?
The kids can decorate the roll with markers, paint or stickers. Basically whatever you have around the house. Fabric scraps would also work.
We decided to use gift wrap since it would be easier for the kids to work with. This is great for holidays or birthdays. We cut a piece of birthday gift wrap that would fit around the tube (make the paper just a little bit longer.)
The kids can then glue the gift wrap all the way around the tube so that it covers it (you will have a tiny overlap, but that is okay.)
If you use tp rolls the gift box is pretty small. You could put a note or poem, or maybe jewelry inside. If you use the paper towel roll then you will have a bit more room for a gift.
Once you have your gift inside you just need to pinch the ends together and tape them shut (just like wrapping a gift!)
The kids can get creative and add as many embellishments as they would like. If you have plain wrapping paper or fabric add some glitter or buttons. You can also put ribbon on the boxes to add a festive look.
These would also be great to make for the holidays. Use up some of your leftover Christmas wrap and let the kids make little boxes up to use later. Let their creativity loose and have fun!
- Amazon.com 12 Days of Deals Starts Sunday - December 2, 2016
- How To Reduce Your Stress As A Working Parent - December 2, 2016
- #BalanceYourPlate And Your Time With Stouffer’s! - November 16, 2016
- Why You May Or May Not Want A Real Estate Agent - November 15, 2016
- HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA: HP Pavilion All-in-One Desktop (27-a040se) #HPPerforms - November 12, 2016
- #MessiestBabyContest: Letting Your Kid Get Messy Is A Good Thing! - November 8, 2016
- Daylight Saving Time: How To Adjust To The Change - November 4, 2016
- Spooktacular Halloween Party Ideas for Adults - October 29, 2016
- Tips for Studying While Raising Young Kids - October 28, 2016
- Healthy Halloween Snacks and Treats - October 22, 2016