Cleaning for Spring: List For Spring Cleaning
Cleaning for Spring
Spring is in the air and you know what that means? Yes, open the windows and start your spring cleaning! Not sure where to start? Here are some tips to get you started, as well as a checklist so you don’t forget anything.
First, it is helpful to start with some kind of list. You can make a list for each room if that is easier for you to break it down. Don’t forget rooms like the laundry area, utility room, garage and even closets.
You will want to make sure you have all cleaning supplies you need on hand. Make sure dusters, mops or brooms are in good shape, too. Spring is a great time to replace things you need for cleaning.
Start with getting rid of clutter. Do only one room at a time so you don’t get overwhelmed. Have a box or bag ready for donation, a trash bag for trash or recycling, and a basket or box to put items in that need to be put somewhere else in the house.
Some of the bigger task in each room are cleaning windows and window coverings. Those nasty baseboards usually get neglected, so those should be on your list as well.
In each room you will want to think about cleaning the furniture. You also want to move the furniture so you can clean around and underneath it.
In the bathroom you can add cleaning out under the sink or cabinets to your usual cleaning routine. It would only add another 10 or 15 minutes and you would have that knocked out.
You have probably heard this before, but start at the top. Dust high moldings, light fixtures or ceiling fans before going down to the walls and floors. Clean light switches, lamps, pictures and doors on the way down.
If you are going to clean window or door screens, start with those first and get that out of the way. If you have a guest room that doesn’t get used much, maybe you can skip that entirely and just focus on the high traffic areas in your house.
Don’t forget these areas in your home:
Fridge and Oven
Clean your computers and electronics
Discussion: What are some things you do for spring cleaning?
- Brilliant Hacks for Organizing Your Closets - October 6, 2016
- 6 Best Websites to Help You Save Money - September 4, 2016
- Having Fun with Kids on a Budget – Try These Free and Cheap Activities - August 23, 2016
- Things To Pack Your College Freshman + Bed Bath & Beyond Giveaway - August 8, 2016
- 4 Amazon Hacks Every Shopper Should Know - August 5, 2016
- 4 Steps to Make Your Tablet a Budgeting Tool - July 27, 2016
- 50 Baby & Toddler Pool Floats Amazon Round Up - July 19, 2016
- About Saving Money on Academic Essay Writing - July 14, 2016
- BAM! Instant Guest Room With #OoRooBeds - July 14, 2016
- 3 Tips for Maintaining a Frugal Mindset - June 16, 2016