Top Tips To Instill The Love Of Nature and Taking Care Of Our Planet With Children
As a kid I grew up in the country and while as a kid I longed to live in town, I think back on those days and really did love living where we did. And now, years later I am living in the country with my family and kids and being outside and enjoying nature is very important to us, especially since we are limited in tolerable months to be outside here in the Midwest.
Parents have the great responsibility of raising up a future generation. The little babies born today will run our world in a few short decades. We work hard to educate our children, teaching them the ways of our world. We often forget that we are raising the generation of people in whose hands we will entrust our Earth.
This is why it’s important teach kids early on the importance of our planet and to instill in them a love of the environment. It’s never too early to show kids that our world is a resource that is to be respected and taken care of. This is an education that can be as fun as it is fulfilling.
So how can you instill the love of nature and taking care of our planet with your children???
Here is a great list of ideas to give kids a love for their planet:
1) Plant a tree together
2) Visit a recycling plant
3) Take a hike around a local park
4) Visit a farm
5) Wash the car together as a family
6) Plant a vegetable garden
7) Jump in puddles on a rainy day
8) Let them dig in the dirt
9) Start a family compost pile
10) Volunteer at a local nature center
There are SOOOO many things you can do with your children, however we thoroughly enjoy gardening. Although I don’t have a very good green thumb, I really do like to try. And so do my kids! Another thing that my kids and I both enjoy is Sesame Street. This behind-the-scenes video “Gardening Fun with Sesame Street” video is a fun one to check out with your kiddos too.
Win the a Sesame Street Spring Prize Pack: planter set and herb kit
For a chance to win follow the instructions on the Rafflecopter below. Must be a resident of the US age 18 or older to participate. All entries will be verified. Giveaway ends on April 30th at 12am. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for prize fulfillment.
Emmy Award-winning Sesame Street and HBO have joined forces to air all new episodes as well as classic episodes from the last five seasons of the iconic series on HBO and HBO Latino. The new season of Sesame Street airs on Saturdays at 9 a.m. It also airs in Spanish on HBO Latino at that time.
Emmy Award-winning Sesame Street and HBO have joined forces to air all new episodes as well as classic episodes from the last five seasons of the iconic series on HBO and HBO Latino. BEST show growing up EVER.
What do YOU like to do with your kiddos outside?
- Healthy Halloween Snacks and Treats - October 22, 2016
- How to Save Money on the Cost of Your College Degree - September 27, 2016
- Hey Hot Mama – Makeup Tips for Moms - September 24, 2016
- Tips To Make Potty Training A Breeze + #PampersEasyUps Giveaway - September 21, 2016
- Top 8 Inspiring Bathroom Tips to Make the Room Seem Bigger - September 20, 2016
- Staying Safe On The Road With Quaker State #CambialoConQS - September 14, 2016
- Honey Bunches Of Oats: This Is Everything! - September 9, 2016
- Not Just Wealthy People Need a Financial Plan - August 31, 2016
- 5 Back To School Shopping Money Saving Tips - August 30, 2016
- Save Money On Macbooks With Groupon - August 27, 2016