Did You Know You Can Freeze That?
Did you know you Can Freeze That?
Most of know about freezing certain foods, which definitely helps eliminate waste, as well as our budget. Maybe you already freeze things like dough, eggs and milk, but there are many more foods that you can actually freeze.
If you buy fresh corn on the cob from a farmer’s market in the summer, you can freeze it, husks and all. Who wouldn’t want some corn on the cob when it is cold outside? If you buy your corn from a grocery store you will want to husk it and blanch the corn before freezing so it will still taste and look good when you do cook it.
Butter is great to freeze for later use in baking or for cooking. You can freeze whole sticks of butter. What a great item to stock up on when it is on sale!
While frozen avocado will not be great by itself, you can freeze avocados to use in dips or guacamole later. Wash the avocado and either cut in half, or remove the insides. You can freeze in halves. If you just want to freeze the insides, put in a freezer bag or container, but add some lemon or lime before storing in the freezer. This will last up to eight months!
Ever open a bag of chips and then half of it goes stale? You can stick the bag of leftover chips in the freezer. When you take them out they only take a few minutes to thaw and you can finish them off.
Although most of us keep our flour in the pantry or on the counter, it will last much longer in the freezer. Many bakers freeze their flour since it make a much flakier pie crust.
Pasta and Rice (cooked)
You can save a bunch of time preparing meals by cooking bigger batches of rice and pasta and then freezing some for later. Freeze these in sizes you can use in future meals. When you remove these from the freezer just sprinkle some water on it and microwave to warm up.
- Brilliant Hacks for Organizing Your Closets - October 6, 2016
- 6 Best Websites to Help You Save Money - September 4, 2016
- Having Fun with Kids on a Budget – Try These Free and Cheap Activities - August 23, 2016
- Things To Pack Your College Freshman + Bed Bath & Beyond Giveaway - August 8, 2016
- 4 Amazon Hacks Every Shopper Should Know - August 5, 2016
- 4 Steps to Make Your Tablet a Budgeting Tool - July 27, 2016
- 50 Baby & Toddler Pool Floats Amazon Round Up - July 19, 2016
- About Saving Money on Academic Essay Writing - July 14, 2016
- BAM! Instant Guest Room With #OoRooBeds - July 14, 2016
- 3 Tips for Maintaining a Frugal Mindset - June 16, 2016