6 Super Helpful Potty Training Tips + #PampersEasyUps Giveaway
Three cheers for potty training! Hey, now…quit the eye rolling. I know, I know…it’s not always the easiest thing to do as a parent, but it is quite fulfilling once you can get your kiddos on the track to dry pants!
Potty training is an amazing milestone for toddlers and parents alike, but it can also be stressful. Spring is the time many families kick-off potty training so they are ready for summer fun and then for the start of preschool. Potty training can feel like an overwhelming process, and when minor leaks or accidents occur, it can be a disappointment. Pampers Easy Ups helps makes this journey a little easier by providing better leak protection than the leading competitor.
Parents want potty training to be a positive experience for their toddlers, but leaks, accidents, and switching from training pants to diapers overnight can feel like setbacks. This is why we want to empower our little ones to overcome these obstacles to achieve and celebrate potty training success.
Training pants support the diaper-to-underwear transition for toddlers and their families as they have a more underwear-like look and feel while still helping to keep messes off clothing, bedding and other surfaces no matter where accidents happen: at home, on-the-go or overnight.
Check out these super awesome potty training tips from Dr. Jana, a potty training expert:
Pampers Easy Ups Potty Training Tips by L. Jana, MD
1. Promote potty learning. Learning how to use the potty takes plenty of time and patience. It’s more than just training; it is a learning opportunity for toddlers and parents alike that should be enjoyable. After all, mastering this concept of “potty learning” with your little one is a big accomplishment and milestone.
2. Team Spirit. It is important to keep in mind that “teamwork makes the dream work,” especially in the case of potty training. You are not only your child’s biggest fan, you are also their potty training coach. Remember to stay calm in the face of potty accidents and encourage your little one to not worry and try again!
3. Be Prepared. Potty training is an unpredictable adventure that you can best prepare for by ensuring you have all practical supplies on hand. These supplies will help you through any obstacle and can help foster your child’s interest and independence – from a step stool (to improve access to the toilet) or potty seat to training pants. That’s why I’m happy to partner with Pampers, whose Easy Ups training pants are designed to help
the diaper-to-underwear transition by allowing potty-training toddlers to set aside their diapers and wear something with a more underwear-like look and feel that still helps contain accidental messes no matter wherever they happen: at home, on-the-go or overnight.
4. Celebrate every win. As with any learning experience, young children can learn a lot from both their potty successes and their setbacks. While potty accidents are an inevitable (and admittedly inconvenient) aspect of potty learning, they shouldn’t dominate your day-to-day discussions. Instead, simply help your child learn to cope with and clean up any messes, and focus your attention on celebrating your child’s efforts and successes with plenty of hugs and words of encouragement.
5. Watch for signs of readiness. Just about all children give subtle (and some not-sosubtle)
signs that they are ready for potty training. These signs of readiness typically include using their words to express themselves, toddling their own way to the bathroom, pulling down their own pants, saying they want to use the “big potty,” and being aware of the sensation of peeing or pooping, characteristically noticeable when young children suddenly stop what they’re doing as they feel themselves start to go. It is also helpful and increases the likelihood of potty training interest when children start to be bothered by their messy diapers, as that can serve as a good motivation for using the potty instead!
6. Start making connections. There’s a lot that you can do to help your child be wellprepared
to successfully use the potty long before he or she actually starts doing it. Making up a fun song or reading engaging children’s books about potty training, such as You and Me Against the Pee! (which I co-authored) can go a long way towards making the idea of potty training a more welcome and eagerly anticipated activity. You can take
this familiarity a step further by letting your toddler accompany you in to the bathroom when you need to go so that he both becomes familiar with the routine and comfortable with the idea of using the toilet, rather than being afraid of or intimidated by it!
To make your potty training experience a tad easier, check out Pampers Easy Ups!
*Pampers Easy Ups have fun Thomas & Friends® designs for boys and Dora the Explorer® designs for girls
*A more underwear-like design for growing toddlers
*Graphics that fade when wet to help little ones learn
*Super-stretchy sides to make them easy to pull up and down when using the potty Pampers Easy Ups work during the day AND night,providing up to 12 hours of protection
Please join @Pampers on April 28th from 9-10pmEST as they host a Twitter Party with Dr. Laura Jana, pediatrician, award-winning parenting book author and potty training expert who co-authored to Its You and Me Against the Pee…and the Poop, Too! Dr. Jana will be sharing her tips to help simplify and improve the potty training experience for little ones and their parents. RSVP HERE!
Now for some fun, free stuff! Enter to win a Pampers Prize pack from savingmamasita.com. One lucky winner will win.
What one savingmamasita.com winner will win:
*$25 AMEX Gift Card
*Pampers Easy Ups
Enter to win below:
Good Luck! And don’t forget about that super fun Twitter party coming up!
- Healthy Halloween Snacks and Treats - October 22, 2016
- How to Save Money on the Cost of Your College Degree - September 27, 2016
- Hey Hot Mama – Makeup Tips for Moms - September 24, 2016
- Tips To Make Potty Training A Breeze + #PampersEasyUps Giveaway - September 21, 2016
- Top 8 Inspiring Bathroom Tips to Make the Room Seem Bigger - September 20, 2016
- Staying Safe On The Road With Quaker State #CambialoConQS - September 14, 2016
- Honey Bunches Of Oats: This Is Everything! - September 9, 2016
- Not Just Wealthy People Need a Financial Plan - August 31, 2016
- 5 Back To School Shopping Money Saving Tips - August 30, 2016
- Save Money On Macbooks With Groupon - August 27, 2016