Fantastic Ways to Celebrate Winter as a Family
(Yes, this is our old house a few years back! Look at all that fun snow!)
Winter is such a great time for families to do things together. Here are some fantastic ways to celebrate winter as a family:
Sledding– Sledding is so much fun and something that can be enjoyed as a family. Whether you and your family have a saucer, tube, sled or toboggan, find a huge hill and enjoy hours of family fun. Be sure to bundle up in layers so everyone stays nice and warm.
Skiing– Even if you and your family don’t participate in downhill skiing, there is always cross-country skiing. If you don’t downhill ski but have always wanted to, now is the perfect time to learn. Kids can learn to ski as young as five years of age. Mostly all ski areas have slopes that are designed for young kids.
Ice skating– Ice skating is a world of fun. Kids can start ice skating as young as age 4 or 5. Ice skating is something that is tricky to learn at first but fun and addicting once they get the hang of it. Ensure that beginner ice skaters wear a helmet and maybe some knee pads.
Bowling– Bowling is a great activity if you just don’t want to go out in the cold but you still want to get out of the house. Engage in a competition game with parents against kids.
Arcade– Arcades are not just for summer you know? Give them each a handful of quarters and let them have fun and play the arcade games they enjoy. It is one of the best ways to spend an afternoon as a family.
Museums– What a perfect time to explore museums than the cold winter months. There are numerous types of museums including science, history and art.
Movie theater– Seeing a movie together as a family is ideal for days when the weather isn’t so great outside. Most movie theaters have family movies showing so grab the kids, get some popcorn and see a movie together.
- Fantastic Ways to Celebrate Winter as a Family - February 13, 2016
- Delicious Winter Salad Ideas - February 5, 2016
- Avoiding Christmas Burnout - November 8, 2015
- Holiday Health Do’s and Don’ts - November 5, 2015
- How to Make the Holidays Easier When You Are Divorced - November 2, 2015
- What Retail Stores are Open Thanksgiving Day? - November 1, 2015
- The Best All-Natural Mood Boosters - October 28, 2015
- Best Fall Home Buying Tips - October 22, 2015
- Educational Thanksgiving Activities for Kids - October 20, 2015
- DIY Autumn Candles for Your Home - October 9, 2015