Best Non-Alcoholic Drinks to Make This Winter
Winter months are cold and frigid, so you want something nice and warm to keep you cozy. Here are some of the best non-alcoholic drinks to make this winter.
Hot Chocolate with a Kick
4 cups of hot cocoa, prepared
¾ teaspoon of nutmeg
½ teaspoon chili powder
4 cinnamon sticks
In a pitcher or other pouring container, mix together prepared hot cocoa, nutmeg and chili powder. Pour into coffee mugs and add a cinnamon stick before serving.
Spiced Hot Apple Cider
5 cups of apple cider
2 cinnamon sticks
4 cloves, whole
Cinnamon sticks for garnishing
In a pan, over medium-high heat, add apple cider, 2 cinnamon sticks and cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 6 minutes. Pour into mugs and garnish with cinnamon stick.
Comforting Chai Tea
¾ cup of water
3 whole green cardamom pods, crushed
2 slices of fresh ginger, thin
1 cinnamon stick
1 piece of star anise
¾ cup of milk
2 teaspoons of black tea leaves, loose
Honey for sweetening
On the stove, using a saucepan, add water, pods, ginger, cinnamon stick and anise. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Then, add in milk and tea leaves, simmer for an additional two minutes. Next, turn heat off and allow to sit for 3 minutes. Using a mesh strainer, drain tea into a mug and toss leaves and spices. Add honey to sweeten.
1 lemon, sliced
1 tablespoon of honey
1 cinnamon stick
In a saucepan, on the stove, heat to boiling. Slide the lemon slices onto the cinnamon stick, then add the stick to the boiling water. Turn heat off and allow to steep for 4 minutes. Add in honey to sweeten.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
1/3 cup of hot cocoa mix
1 quart of milk
½ cup of chocolate chips
3 peppermint sticks, crushed
4 peppermint sticks, whole
In a saucepan, over medium heat, add cocoa mix and milk, stirring until cocoa mix has dissolved. Add in chocolate chips and crushed peppermint sticks. Continue to simmer, stirring often, for about 9-11 minutes or until peppermint and chocolate has melted. Allow to boil and then remove from heat. Pour into mugs and garnish with peppermint stick.
What is your favorite winter drink?
- Leveraging Tech to Make Parenting Easier: 3 Essential Tips - December 4, 2016
- What Every Mother Should Know Before Returning to College - November 26, 2016
- The Best Black Friday Facebook Pages - November 23, 2016
- YUM ALERT: Basic Fruit Dip Recipes - November 15, 2016
- Brilliant Hacks for Organizing Your Closets - October 6, 2016
- 6 Best Websites to Help You Save Money - September 4, 2016
- Having Fun with Kids on a Budget – Try These Free and Cheap Activities - August 23, 2016
- Things To Pack Your College Freshman + Bed Bath & Beyond Giveaway - August 8, 2016
- 4 Amazon Hacks Every Shopper Should Know - August 5, 2016
- 4 Steps to Make Your Tablet a Budgeting Tool - July 27, 2016