3 Tips To Helping Your Kids Find Their “Roar” #GoodDino
I have been paid to blog and promote The Good Dinosaur as part of a sponsored campaign with DiMe Media and Disney/Pixar. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Ahhh, The Good Dinosaur is one of my favorite animated films. Not only does it have such beautiful imagery, and adorable characters, it has an amazing message for little (and big) kids!
From the innovative minds of Disney•Pixar comes a hilariously heartwarming adventure about the power of confronting and overcoming your fears and discovering who you are meant to be. The Good Dinosaur asks the question: What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely, and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? In this epic journey into the world of dinosaurs, an apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend. While traveling through a harsh and mysterious landscape, Arlo learns the power of confronting his fears and discovers what he is truly capable of.
As a parent we want our children to grow up to be happy, healthy and successful…and brave! But kids have fears and worries just like us big people and as Latinos, we want what is best for our familia. Familia is numero uno!
My 6-year-old daughter Lola and I talked about how mom and dad can help her have a big roar, to face her fears and to be strong. Here are three tips that we came up with to help you and your minis find their roar:
1. Think happy thoughts! Even if we have a bad day at work or school, we have to think about the good things that happened that day. Life isn’t always going to be sunshine and rainbows, but there always is something to be thankful for.
2. Words of encouragement. Mom and dad knew Lola had kind of a scary first day of school being the “new kid”, not knowing anyone in the school. Words of encouragement can give kids that little extra push of confidence in the right direction. The words we told Lola were to say hi, smile and have fun! She did meet some new friends. She had fun, but was still a little lonely for mom and dad. We keep encouraging her daily!
3. Loving actions! Even if we don’t succeed, we learn from our mistakes and move on, but there’s nothing a big hug won’t fix. Unconditional love is encouraging for a kid! Even though it took us a few days to get Lola into the school without crying, it wasn’t long before we could barely get her out of the school to come home with us!
It’s all about happy thoughts, words of encouragement and loving actions. I learned from an early age that Latino families support each other and like Arlo’s family, we encourage, love and challenge each other. What I love about The Good Dinosaur movie is that it is so relatable.
Like many of us, Arlo is having a hard time finding himself and discovering his purpose in life. This story is one of personal discovery, hard work, determination and courage it takes to get there.
Disney•Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur will be available on Blu-ray™, Digital HD & Disney Movies Anywhere February 23rd! It’s such an adorable movie with a great message! Be sure to check it out! You can get your copy here.
- How to Save Money on the Cost of Your College Degree - September 27, 2016
- Hey Hot Mama – Makeup Tips for Moms - September 24, 2016
- Tips To Make Potty Training A Breeze + #PampersEasyUps Giveaway - September 21, 2016
- Top 8 Inspiring Bathroom Tips to Make the Room Seem Bigger - September 20, 2016
- Staying Safe On The Road With Quaker State #CambialoConQS - September 14, 2016
- Honey Bunches Of Oats: This Is Everything! - September 9, 2016
- Not Just Wealthy People Need a Financial Plan - August 31, 2016
- 5 Back To School Shopping Money Saving Tips - August 30, 2016
- Save Money On Macbooks With Groupon - August 27, 2016
- 5 Grab And Go Snacks We Love #FiberOne #FiberUp - August 24, 2016