3 Tips To Helping Your Kids Find Their “Roar” #GoodDino

I have been paid to blog and promote The Good Dinosaur as part of a sponsored campaign with DiMe Media and Disney/Pixar. However, all opinions expressed are my own.

Ahhh, The Good Dinosaur is one of my favorite animated films. Not only does it have such beautiful imagery, and adorable characters, it has an amazing message for little (and big) kids!

From the innovative minds of Disney•Pixar comes a hilariously heartwarming adventure about the power of confronting and overcoming your fears and discovering who you are meant to be. The Good Dinosaur asks the question: What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely, and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? In this epic journey into the world of dinosaurs, an apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend. While traveling through a harsh and mysterious landscape, Arlo learns the power of confronting his fears and discovers what he is truly capable of.

As a parent we want our children to grow up to be happy, healthy and successful…and brave! But kids have fears and worries just like us big people and as Latinos, we want what is best for our familia. Familia is numero uno!

My 6-year-old daughter Lola and I talked about how mom and dad can help her have a big roar, to face her fears and to be strong. Here are three tips that we came up with to help you and your minis find their roar:

1. Think happy thoughts! Even if we have a bad day at work or school, we have to think about the good things that happened that day. Life isn’t always going to be sunshine and rainbows, but there always is something to be thankful for.

2. Words of encouragement. Mom and dad knew Lola had kind of a scary first day of school being the “new kid”, not knowing anyone in the school. Words of encouragement can give kids that little extra push of confidence in the right direction. The words we told Lola were to say hi, smile and have fun! She did meet some new friends. She had fun, but was still a little lonely for mom and dad. We keep encouraging her daily!

3. Loving actions! Even if we don’t succeed, we learn from our mistakes and move on, but there’s nothing a big hug won’t fix. Unconditional love is encouraging for a kid! Even though it took us a few days to get Lola into the school without crying, it wasn’t long before we could barely get her out of the school to come home with us!

It’s all about happy thoughts, words of encouragement and loving actions. I learned from an early age that Latino families support each other and like Arlo’s family, we encourage, love and challenge each other. What I love about The Good Dinosaur movie is that it is so relatable.

Like many of us, Arlo is having a hard time finding himself and discovering his purpose in life. This story is one of personal discovery, hard work, determination and courage it takes to get there.

Disney•Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur will be available on Blu-ray™, Digital HD & Disney Movies Anywhere February 23rd! It’s such an adorable movie with a great message! Be sure to check it out! You can get your copy here.

56 Responses to “3 Tips To Helping Your Kids Find Their “Roar” #GoodDino

• This movie seems like such a great way to talk about certain topics with kids. The overall message is so heart warming and positive- I’ll need to make sure to watch it with my niece and nephew.

• We still haven’t see this yet. We hope to see it really soon, it looks so cute!

• We like to rent movies from Redbox. I look forward to the movie making it to Redbox for us to rent.

• I have to see this movie yet, but it looks so promising – I like these heartwarming stories once in a while 🙂 And I love your tips!

• H@h.com'
    Robin Masshole mommy
    8 months ago

These are awesome tips. My kids are looking forward to seeing this movie when it comes out on DVD since we missed it in the theaters.

• We have not seen this movie, yet. I am sure the girls will love this.

• Such a sweet post! I love how your encourage your daughter. I look forward to watching this movie with my kids!

• We loved seeing this movie together as a family. Such great lessons too!

• Those are all really great tips. We have yet to see the movie but I plan on getting the DVD when it comes out so me and my pre-schooler can watch it together.

• We tend to wait for movies to come out to buy now, and this is one that is on our list! Can’t wait to see it!

• Haven’t seen this. Since we have a teenager, we don’t get to see animated movies as much as we used to.

• I haven’t seen the movie (I plan to) but these are great tips for any kid I’ll take them under consideration

• We saw this when it came to the cinema and were disappointed. It was ok, but not our favorite by a long shot. Some WAY better animated movies.
    we are anxiously waiting for Finding Nemo 2 – finding Dory!

• These are great ways to encourage our kids. We are looking forward to seeing this movie.

• I love watching these animated movies, even though I don’t have kids. I think Aunt Blythe might need to pick this up for my favorite munchkins. Movies that empower kids in this crazy age are important.

• Awesome tips! The movie looks so cute. My daughter wants to see it and she’s 17. Ha!

• Megan.mccoig@hotmail.co.uk'
    Megan McCoig
    8 months ago

Words of encouragement are definetely something that all parents should do, no matter if they’re having a bad day. It’s important for the child as it’ll make them happier! Great tips!

• These are awesome tips. The girls are excited to see this movie.

• I want to see the movie and I am an adult! I like your tips to find your inner roar, being friendly and thinking positive thoughts is great!

• I love the how you connected the movie to this. Kids always deserve words of encouragement!

• dsargen3@gmail.com'
    Catherine S
    8 months ago

These are great tips. This looks like such a cute movie. I plan to see it with my niece and nephew.

• What great tips! This looks like such a cute movie!

• I have heard that this is a really cute movie. I love your tips for helping kids find their roar. What a great way to get a lesson from a movie.

• I have not had a chance to see the Good Dinosaur. But my kids loved all things dinosaur when they were little! It is on my watch list.

• I love this post. Very creative way to teach confidence skills to kids!

• Aw, I have not seen The Good Dinosaur yet but Disney Pixar movies are always great st teaching important lessons in ways kids can understand.

• Your little girl is such a cutie. You have some great tips, especially the unconditional love one. Hugs really do go a long way.

• This is on our list of things to see! Jett loves dinosaurs and it sounds like there are a lot of great teachable moments too!

• I have to admit, I am dying to see this movie. We never got to see it in the theater. These are wonderful tips for kids to help them find their “roar”! I’ll have to try a couple with my 12 yr old!

• these are such great talking points to go over with our kids. It starts when they are young and never ends so we must always be there for them and encouraging wit what they need from us

• I and my kids love this movie! I just love the lessons that we can learn from the Good Dinosaur.

• Wonderful tips! My kids just loved the Good Dinosaur. I can’t wait to see it again, I missed quite a bit of it the first time. It’s so important kids find their roar!

• We still haven’t see this one yet! We keep meaning to, but life keeps getting in the way! We will probably have to wait for the blu ray at this point!

• These are always great lessons for the little ones! Great ideas on how to approach it too.

• I am really looking forward to watching this movie, I am sure the kiddos will love it! Thats so great you were able to have a chat with your daughter about ‘finding her roar’. So important!

• I havent seen the good dinosaur yet but it looks so cute from the previews and everything

• I liked the movie but I love your tips even more. It’s so important to encourage our children.

• I haven’t seen the Good Dinosaur yet but I want to – especially after reading your intro on it. I love the tips you gave for helping your child! I’ll have to remember them when I have a child of my own. 🙂

• Megan.mccoig@hotmail.co.uk'
    Megan McCoig
    8 months ago

Never seen this film but would love to one day. I love these tips for children, although I don’t have any of my own. Nice to read something a bit different 🙂

• My nephews will love this movie! I’ll have to buy the DVD as they will want to watch it over and over again 🙂

• My kids enjoyed this movie. It has a sweet story line.

• Fitdisneymom@gmail.com'
    8 months ago

We have to rent this movie soon. It looks like it teaches valuable life lessons.

• Pbkourtneelynne@gmail.com'
    8 months ago

Omg we are yet to see this!!!! My dauhter wants to see it so bad too. I guess we need to stop sacking 😉

• we haven’t seen it yet, but maybe we will when it comes out on bluray

• Too cute I can’t wait to take my little cousin!!!

• Encouragement can be soo soo important to a child! Keep it up!

• Sounds like a nice movie for kids. I haven’t heard about it before. I like when movies teach a good lesson.

• This is such a nice post. My daughter is so sweet and has a hard time being loud when she needs to be. It’s all about encouragement. It’s really all I can do for her! Its important she learns to speak up when she needs to, especially if its a dangerous situation.

• These are some great tips for anyone raising a kid. I’ll make sure to recommend this to someone!

• I think words of encouragement are super important. Not enough parents offer that, and focus too much on negative and not enough on positive!

• Pbkourtneelynne@gmail.com'
    8 months ago

My daughter and I still need to see this movie!!! It looks so cute. I know she will love it.

• Words of encouragement have such a huge impact on children’s lives. If they know you believe in them they can do anything

• I can’t wait for this movie to come out. My son is 17 and he wants to see it, I love the animation and the characters are so cute.

• Think happy thoughts is actually something I do with my son. When he comes home some times and says he had a really really really bad day I ask him to think of something nice that happen. He usually can come up with tons of good thing that happen and before you know it he realize it wasn’t such a bad day after all.

• I think words of encouragement are so important and also think that listening to our kids is equally important. We get so busy with life that sometimes we might miss the little things that concern our kiddos.