5 Ads That Objectify Women: #WomenNotObjects Video Goes Viral
“Today’s post is sponsored by the Women Not Objects.”
They say “sex” sells. But in this day in age, using women as objects just isn’t cool. I am not a huge feminist, but I tell you what, I do believe in equal rights for all…and that includes men and women of all races and religion. We have come a long way when it comes to women’s rights but being objectified is still an issue I know I see and hear daily.
I can tell you that I have been there, done that. I have dealt with cat calls, inappropriate comments both in and out of professional environments and it is sickening. Many women deal with this on a daily basis and after a while, it just feels like the “norm”.
One of the most popular ways of trying to get people to buy products is using beautiful, scantily clad women, while others use inappropriate messages that objectify women. Often times, people aren’t even remembering what the product is that the ad is trying to get us to purchase because they are obsessing over the connotation.
The #WomenNotObjects campaign is wanting to bring to start a conversation around the objectification of women in advertising. It’s time to stop using women as objects. It’s not how women want to be spoken too and it is not how to market or sell products to them. We are not objects – we are your mothers, wives, friends, sisters, co-workers, bosses and employees. Human beings!
After looking at these ads, do you want to buy what they are selling?
Check out the video that the #WomenNotObjects campaign is promoting and then let me know what you think.
After watching the video, what are your thoughts? Do you feel as if you have been objectified? Do you think that these advertisements are a bit too far? Some of them I didn’t think were that bad, but the others are despicable. What if it were your daughter? What if it were your mother being used? What if it were… you?
- Amazon.com 12 Days of Deals Starts Sunday - December 2, 2016
- How To Reduce Your Stress As A Working Parent - December 2, 2016
- #BalanceYourPlate And Your Time With Stouffer’s! - November 16, 2016
- Why You May Or May Not Want A Real Estate Agent - November 15, 2016
- HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA: HP Pavilion All-in-One Desktop (27-a040se) #HPPerforms - November 12, 2016
- #MessiestBabyContest: Letting Your Kid Get Messy Is A Good Thing! - November 8, 2016
- Daylight Saving Time: How To Adjust To The Change - November 4, 2016
- Spooktacular Halloween Party Ideas for Adults - October 29, 2016
- Tips for Studying While Raising Young Kids - October 28, 2016
- Healthy Halloween Snacks and Treats - October 22, 2016