5 Ads That Objectify Women: #WomenNotObjects Video Goes Viral
“Today’s post is sponsored by the Women Not Objects.”
They say “sex” sells. But in this day in age, using women as objects just isn’t cool. I am not a huge feminist, but I tell you what, I do believe in equal rights for all…and that includes men and women of all races and religion. We have come a long way when it comes to women’s rights but being objectified is still an issue I know I see and hear daily.
I can tell you that I have been there, done that. I have dealt with cat calls, inappropriate comments both in and out of professional environments and it is sickening. Many women deal with this on a daily basis and after a while, it just feels like the “norm”.
One of the most popular ways of trying to get people to buy products is using beautiful, scantily clad women, while others use inappropriate messages that objectify women. Often times, people aren’t even remembering what the product is that the ad is trying to get us to purchase because they are obsessing over the connotation.
The #WomenNotObjects campaign is wanting to bring to start a conversation around the objectification of women in advertising. It’s time to stop using women as objects. It’s not how women want to be spoken too and it is not how to market or sell products to them. We are not objects – we are your mothers, wives, friends, sisters, co-workers, bosses and employees. Human beings!
After looking at these ads, do you want to buy what they are selling?
Check out the video that the #WomenNotObjects campaign is promoting and then let me know what you think.
After watching the video, what are your thoughts? Do you feel as if you have been objectified? Do you think that these advertisements are a bit too far? Some of them I didn’t think were that bad, but the others are despicable. What if it were your daughter? What if it were your mother being used? What if it were… you?
- Healthy Halloween Snacks and Treats - October 22, 2016
- How to Save Money on the Cost of Your College Degree - September 27, 2016
- Hey Hot Mama – Makeup Tips for Moms - September 24, 2016
- Tips To Make Potty Training A Breeze + #PampersEasyUps Giveaway - September 21, 2016
- Top 8 Inspiring Bathroom Tips to Make the Room Seem Bigger - September 20, 2016
- Staying Safe On The Road With Quaker State #CambialoConQS - September 14, 2016
- Honey Bunches Of Oats: This Is Everything! - September 9, 2016
- Not Just Wealthy People Need a Financial Plan - August 31, 2016
- 5 Back To School Shopping Money Saving Tips - August 30, 2016
- Save Money On Macbooks With Groupon - August 27, 2016