5 Ads That Objectify Women: #WomenNotObjects Video Goes Viral
“Today’s post is sponsored by the Women Not Objects.”
They say “sex” sells. But in this day in age, using women as objects just isn’t cool. I am not a huge feminist, but I tell you what, I do believe in equal rights for all…and that includes men and women of all races and religion. We have come a long way when it comes to women’s rights but being objectified is still an issue I know I see and hear daily.
I can tell you that I have been there, done that. I have dealt with cat calls, inappropriate comments both in and out of professional environments and it is sickening. Many women deal with this on a daily basis and after a while, it just feels like the “norm”.
One of the most popular ways of trying to get people to buy products is using beautiful, scantily clad women, while others use inappropriate messages that objectify women. Often times, people aren’t even remembering what the product is that the ad is trying to get us to purchase because they are obsessing over the connotation.
The #WomenNotObjects campaign is wanting to bring to start a conversation around the objectification of women in advertising. It’s time to stop using women as objects. It’s not how women want to be spoken too and it is not how to market or sell products to them. We are not objects – we are your mothers, wives, friends, sisters, co-workers, bosses and employees. Human beings!
After looking at these ads, do you want to buy what they are selling?
Check out the video that the #WomenNotObjects campaign is promoting and then let me know what you think.
After watching the video, what are your thoughts? Do you feel as if you have been objectified? Do you think that these advertisements are a bit too far? Some of them I didn’t think were that bad, but the others are despicable. What if it were your daughter? What if it were your mother being used? What if it were… you?
- Camping Safety Tips You Need to Know - April 24, 2017
- Choosing the Best Summer Camp for Your Child - April 17, 2017
- Best Cinco de Mayo Celebrations in the United States - April 13, 2017
- Awesome Easter Basket Ideas for Boys - April 9, 2017
- Awesome Easter Basket Ideas for Girls - April 8, 2017
- Easy Spring Craft Ideas for Kids - April 7, 2017
- Why Women Love Vintage And Antique Jewelry - April 3, 2017
- How to Burn Calories While on Vacation - April 1, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why The Love With Food Snack Box Is Worth Signing Up For - April 1, 2017
- COUPON ALERT: Save $2 Off Any Luvs Diapers #SharetheLuv - March 31, 2017