6 Tips To Protect Skin From Damaging Winter Cold
Winter is just around the corner, and one of the first victims of cold, blustery weather is our skin. Preventing damage to the skin is sometimes overlooked in the winter compared to the summer when more skin exposed. However, a proactive skin care regime is crucial during the winter to prevent irritation and damage from dry air, harsh wind and indoor heating.
Mannatech offers these tips to help combat skin damage from cold weather:
Healthy body, healthy skin – Don’t let dark days and cold weather keep you from maintaining an exercise program or allow your diet to slide. The healthier you are, the better your skin will look. Moderate exercise with a balanced diet will help you keep your skin glowing.
Lotion wonderland – Keep a bottle of lotion handy to keep your skin, especially your hands, moisturized and supple.
Water wellness – Part of an overall wellness regime is hydration. Just because you do not sweat in cooler weather, doesn’t mean your body isn’t thirsting for water.
Winter UV – If there is light, there are UV rays. It may not feel as harsh as the summer sun, but the winter UV rays inflict just as much damage. So continue applying sunblock when going outdoors during the daylight hours.
Heater beating – Indoor heating is notoriously dry and with that dry air comes the possibility of dry skin. To combat this problem, use skin lotions as well as a humidifier to add moisture to the air.
Hibernation time – An overall wellness program is going to be difficult without proper sleep. By getting enough rest, your body and your skin has time to recover and heal stresses brought on by cold weather.
What do you do to keep your skin healthy during the winter season?
- Healthy Halloween Snacks and Treats - October 22, 2016
- How to Save Money on the Cost of Your College Degree - September 27, 2016
- Hey Hot Mama – Makeup Tips for Moms - September 24, 2016
- Tips To Make Potty Training A Breeze + #PampersEasyUps Giveaway - September 21, 2016
- Top 8 Inspiring Bathroom Tips to Make the Room Seem Bigger - September 20, 2016
- Staying Safe On The Road With Quaker State #CambialoConQS - September 14, 2016
- Honey Bunches Of Oats: This Is Everything! - September 9, 2016
- Not Just Wealthy People Need a Financial Plan - August 31, 2016
- 5 Back To School Shopping Money Saving Tips - August 30, 2016
- Save Money On Macbooks With Groupon - August 27, 2016