6 Tips To Protect Skin From Damaging Winter Cold
Winter is just around the corner, and one of the first victims of cold, blustery weather is our skin. Preventing damage to the skin is sometimes overlooked in the winter compared to the summer when more skin exposed. However, a proactive skin care regime is crucial during the winter to prevent irritation and damage from dry air, harsh wind and indoor heating.
Mannatech offers these tips to help combat skin damage from cold weather:
Healthy body, healthy skin – Don’t let dark days and cold weather keep you from maintaining an exercise program or allow your diet to slide. The healthier you are, the better your skin will look. Moderate exercise with a balanced diet will help you keep your skin glowing.
Lotion wonderland – Keep a bottle of lotion handy to keep your skin, especially your hands, moisturized and supple.
Water wellness – Part of an overall wellness regime is hydration. Just because you do not sweat in cooler weather, doesn’t mean your body isn’t thirsting for water.
Winter UV – If there is light, there are UV rays. It may not feel as harsh as the summer sun, but the winter UV rays inflict just as much damage. So continue applying sunblock when going outdoors during the daylight hours.
Heater beating – Indoor heating is notoriously dry and with that dry air comes the possibility of dry skin. To combat this problem, use skin lotions as well as a humidifier to add moisture to the air.
Hibernation time – An overall wellness program is going to be difficult without proper sleep. By getting enough rest, your body and your skin has time to recover and heal stresses brought on by cold weather.
What do you do to keep your skin healthy during the winter season?
- TEEN LIFE: Types of Peer Pressure (It’s Not All Bad!) - February 19, 2017
- Fun & Easy Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids to Make - February 14, 2017
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas - February 9, 2017
- Easy to Make Mexican Dip Recipes - February 5, 2017
- Best Family Resorts of 2016 - February 2, 2017
- Best Finance Apps of 2016 - January 26, 2017
- Best Fitness Trackers of 2016 - January 22, 2017
- How to Avoid Common Errors When Ordering Flowers Online - January 19, 2017
- Budget Friendly Family Activities - January 19, 2017
- Best Recipe Apps of 2016 - January 17, 2017