#DearSofia: Keeping Hand-written Letters Alive!
This is part of a sponsored collaboration with DiMeMedia and Disney Junior. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Here’s a question for you…when was the last time you wrote a letter to someone? Like, actually took out a piece of stationary and pen, sat down and put your thoughts to paper? I can honestly say I haven’t done much of this at all the past few years. Technology has advanced so much and has changed the way we communicate with those far and near to us. That’s why I absolutely LOVED the opportunity that I got to experience with my little Lola and Carter and their friends during a recent #DearSofia party.
I remember when I was a kid, I did a lot of letter writing. My cousin and I who lived in the same town wrote hand-written letters to each other every summer, especially after our summer camping adventures. I loved the idea of running to the mailbox everyday just to see if I had any mail addressed to me! Nowadays, most kids communicate via text or emails.
We recently had an awesome letter writing party at our home and one of the not-so-shocking revelations was that not many of the kids had ever written a hand-written letter anyone…so this party was a real treat for everyone! What a fun time it was to bond with the kiddos and to see their creativity shine.
Learning how to write a letter is a simple process and there is not a right way to do so. One thing that the kids learned is that you can write words, draw pictures, and even use stickers and stamps to get across your message.
I have to tell you, Disney Junior’s Sofia the First is such a fun character…not only because my daughter loves her but because of the qualities and values she embodies. Sofia is brave, courageous, curious, creative and adventurous and a great friend!
Dear Sofia Letter Writing
Need some extra magical encouragement to help your child to write their first letter? Disney Junior’s Sofia the First has issued a royal challenge! Any letter sent to Sofia will receive a royal response from Sofia back in the mail! Your child writes a Dear Sofia Letter, you pop it into the mail, and Sofia will send one back personalized for your child.
Want to host your own Dear Sofia letter writing party? Follow these steps and watch in amazement as the children’s faces fill with delight. For more details go here.
Here’s a few tips for a memorable #DearSofia the First party!
– Download the printable #DearSofia Sofia the First stationary – available in English and Spanish!
– Let them the kiddos have fun – encourage their creativity through different forms of letter writing expressions.
– Provide stickers, markers, stamps, anything that you think will get them excited about their special letter to Sofia!
– Save the date: October 12th at 9am ET to catch the newest Sofia the First: The Secret Library featuring a special appearance by Merida from Brave!
To ensure that the letter is received and replied to, your child’s name must be clearly written (you can do that once they are done). Make sure to place a stamp on your envelope and clearly print your return address. Your letter can be mailed to Dear Sofia – 244 Madison Avenue, Box #411, New York, NY 10016. All letters must be sent by December 31st, 2015. Remember, traditional mail can sometimes take a little awhile and Enchancia is really far away. Sofia will write back soon!
Disney Junior asked young tech savvy children about the different ways we communicate with others and I must say these responses were pretty funny when it came to mail and letter writing. Oh the words out of babies’ mouths! Watch it for yourself here:
- TEEN LIFE: Types of Peer Pressure (It’s Not All Bad!) - February 19, 2017
- Fun & Easy Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids to Make - February 14, 2017
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas - February 9, 2017
- Easy to Make Mexican Dip Recipes - February 5, 2017
- Best Family Resorts of 2016 - February 2, 2017
- Best Finance Apps of 2016 - January 26, 2017
- Best Fitness Trackers of 2016 - January 22, 2017
- How to Avoid Common Errors When Ordering Flowers Online - January 19, 2017
- Budget Friendly Family Activities - January 19, 2017
- Best Recipe Apps of 2016 - January 17, 2017