4 Fun Things for Teens to Do This Fall
If you have teenagers in your home, then you know how easy they get bored. Here are some fun things for teens to do this fall.
Make baked apples– Apples are a huge part of fall so keep the teens occupied by having them bake up some apples. Baked apples are easy to make; all you need are 5 apples (Gala are a great choice), ¼ cup of brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon. Core the apples and chop into 1-inch pieces. Add the apple pieces to the bowl and stir until coated. Add the coated apple to a baking dish and cook for 45 minutes.
Movie marathon– Teens can curl up on the couch with their favorite blanket and settle in for a movie marathon. For some great ideas. Check out The Lake House, the 2006 romantic drama starring Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock; Good Will Hunting, a 1997 drama starring Matt Damon and Robin Williams; Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, a 1986 comedy with Matthew Broderick; The Village, a 2004 psychological thriller starring Bryce Dallas Howard and Joaquin Phoenix and The Social Network, a 2010 drama with Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield and Justin Timberlake.
Make friendship bracelets– Friendship beads are fun to make and they are simple to make as well. You will need an array of beads and elastic string. To make the bracelets, cut the elastic string into 10-inch pieces. Lay out the beads in the order you want then, then string them onto the elastic string. After you are done, tie the ends of the elastic string into a knot.
Search for volunteer opportunities– Many organizations are looking for volunteers to help with various tasks. For instance, the local animal shelter utilizes volunteers to help with walking the dogs or cleaning the building. The local library uses volunteers to help with putting books on shelves or reading to children. Homeless shelters often utilize volunteers for various projects.
Discussion: What does your teen like to do in the fall?
- Fantastic Ways to Celebrate Winter as a Family - February 13, 2016
- Delicious Winter Salad Ideas - February 5, 2016
- Avoiding Christmas Burnout - November 8, 2015
- Holiday Health Do’s and Don’ts - November 5, 2015
- How to Make the Holidays Easier When You Are Divorced - November 2, 2015
- What Retail Stores are Open Thanksgiving Day? - November 1, 2015
- The Best All-Natural Mood Boosters - October 28, 2015
- Best Fall Home Buying Tips - October 22, 2015
- Educational Thanksgiving Activities for Kids - October 20, 2015
- DIY Autumn Candles for Your Home - October 9, 2015