3 Fall Crafts to Make Using Pinecones
Nothing says fall crafts like pinecones, the products of nature. Most backyards have a ton of pinecones this time of year so go grab some and let’s make some crafts. Here are some fall crafts to make using pinecones.
Miniature Pinecone Trees
Small wooden craft flower pots- 1.5 inches high
Glitter paint in your choice of colors
Acrylic paint in your choice of colors
Start by painting the flower pots with the acrylic paint. Start by doing one coat of paint, letting it dry and then applying another coat of paint and letting that coat dry. You could also do both coats and allow them to dry overnight. Using the small brush, apply the glitter paint to the flower pots and let it set to dry. Put the pinecones into each of the pots, standing each one up so it resembles a tree.
Acrylic paint in the colors of your choice
Start by painting the pinecones with the acrylic paint and allow to dry. Glue the googly eyes into place and you are done. If you wanted to, you could add pipe cleaners to make the monster’s arms and legs.
Cut twine long enough for hanging and cut one piece for each pinecone you have. Tie one end of the twine around the tip of the pinecone. You want to do this first since later, the pinecone will be spread with peanut butter and will be messy. Then, use a butter knife and spread some peanut butter on the pinecones. You don’t need to use a whole lot, but enough to coat the pinecone. Add some bird seed into a bowl and roll the pinecones into the bird seed. Then, just hang them on tree branches throughout the yard and watch the birds flock in for a snack.
Discussion: What is your favorite pinecone project? What have you made using pinecones?
- Fantastic Ways to Celebrate Winter as a Family - February 13, 2016
- Delicious Winter Salad Ideas - February 5, 2016
- Avoiding Christmas Burnout - November 8, 2015
- Holiday Health Do’s and Don’ts - November 5, 2015
- How to Make the Holidays Easier When You Are Divorced - November 2, 2015
- What Retail Stores are Open Thanksgiving Day? - November 1, 2015
- The Best All-Natural Mood Boosters - October 28, 2015
- Best Fall Home Buying Tips - October 22, 2015
- Educational Thanksgiving Activities for Kids - October 20, 2015
- DIY Autumn Candles for Your Home - October 9, 2015