How To De-Stress in 5 Minutes
De-Stress in 5 Minutes
Work, family, and just life in general can get stressful many days. Instead of stressing or screaming, you can learn some tips for de-stressing that only take a few minutes out of your day. Pick one that works for you and the next time you feel like you just can’t take one more thing, try one of these five tasks to take the stress levels down a notch (or two!)
1. Get some sunshine (and vitamin D)
Taking a short walk or just sitting in the sunshine can boost your mood and lower your stress levels.
2. Make a list
If your stress comes from having too many things to do, then spend five minutes making a list of everything you need to get done. Just getting the tasks down on paper (or in your phone) will relieve the pressure and help you to think less about all the things you need to accomplish.
3. Tea time?
The British have something going with tea time. Sipping tea (especially Green tea)slows you down for a minute and is soothing. If you drink tea several times a day, your stress levels are significantly reduced.
4. Breathe in….
If you feel like you are just going to lose it, step away and take deep breathes in and exhale more slowly. Focusing on your breathing really centers your mind and distracts you from whatever situation was causing you to be anxious.
5. Chew Gum or Eat Chocolate
Chewing gum is oddly relaxing and if you choose a peppermint flavor it will perk you up in a positive way. Some studies have shown that gum chewing makes you more productive, too! Chocolate (in small amounts) can be a mood booster as well. Dark chocolate has been proven to make you feel better and less stressed. Get the mini bars of chocolate so you can just have a little bit when you need it.
Image via Getty Images
- Fantastic Ways to Celebrate Winter as a Family - February 13, 2016
- Delicious Winter Salad Ideas - February 5, 2016
- Avoiding Christmas Burnout - November 8, 2015
- Holiday Health Do’s and Don’ts - November 5, 2015
- How to Make the Holidays Easier When You Are Divorced - November 2, 2015
- What Retail Stores are Open Thanksgiving Day? - November 1, 2015
- The Best All-Natural Mood Boosters - October 28, 2015
- Best Fall Home Buying Tips - October 22, 2015
- Educational Thanksgiving Activities for Kids - October 20, 2015
- DIY Autumn Candles for Your Home - October 9, 2015