4 Good Reasons to Host a Foreign Exchange Student
There are many foreign exchange students that are looking for a host home in this country. It might seem like a hassle or too much work to be a host, but there are a lot of positive reasons to consider hosting a foreign student in your home.
1. You and your children will get a personal glimpse into another culture. It is a great learning experience and you can learn a new language (or at least a few phrases!) Your household will gain a better appreciation of life in another country as well as give you a fresh look at life in our country.
2. Good host families are not always easy to find and you are giving a student a chance at a once in a lifetime experience. Imagine if your child wanted to go to another country. You would want to know they were safe and in good hands. You are giving other parents this sense of security when you open your home to a foreign exchange student.
3. While your exchange student is living in your home you get a chance to show off your hometown, state and even the country. This gives you a good excuse to play tourist and explore great venues near to you that you may not have been to in a long time. You might even find some hidden gems in your area that you did not even know existed. You and your family can have a great time together showing your exchange student around.
4. Trying new cuisine can apply to both you and your student guest. Your student might want to cook some of their home dishes for your family. They might not have had any of this country’s food, so it is a good opportunity to share some of your favorite dishes with them. If there is a local restaurant that specialized in their cuisine, make a point of taking them out to eat there. Show them you are just as interested in their culture as they are in ours.
Do your research to make sure you want to consider being a host for a foreign student. Once you make the decision just enjoy the time you get to spend with a visitor from another country.
- Boost Your Baby’s Immune System, Ease Tummy Trouble With #UpSpring - March 12, 2017
- Pot of Gold Crafts for Kids - March 9, 2017
- Being a Stepmom to a Teenage Girl - March 3, 2017
- TEEN LIFE: Types of Peer Pressure (It’s Not All Bad!) - February 19, 2017
- Fun & Easy Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids to Make - February 14, 2017
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas - February 9, 2017
- Easy to Make Mexican Dip Recipes - February 5, 2017
- Best Family Resorts of 2016 - February 2, 2017
- Best Finance Apps of 2016 - January 26, 2017
- Best Fitness Trackers of 2016 - January 22, 2017