4 Good Reasons to Host a Foreign Exchange Student
There are many foreign exchange students that are looking for a host home in this country. It might seem like a hassle or too much work to be a host, but there are a lot of positive reasons to consider hosting a foreign student in your home.
1. You and your children will get a personal glimpse into another culture. It is a great learning experience and you can learn a new language (or at least a few phrases!) Your household will gain a better appreciation of life in another country as well as give you a fresh look at life in our country.
2. Good host families are not always easy to find and you are giving a student a chance at a once in a lifetime experience. Imagine if your child wanted to go to another country. You would want to know they were safe and in good hands. You are giving other parents this sense of security when you open your home to a foreign exchange student.
3. While your exchange student is living in your home you get a chance to show off your hometown, state and even the country. This gives you a good excuse to play tourist and explore great venues near to you that you may not have been to in a long time. You might even find some hidden gems in your area that you did not even know existed. You and your family can have a great time together showing your exchange student around.
4. Trying new cuisine can apply to both you and your student guest. Your student might want to cook some of their home dishes for your family. They might not have had any of this country’s food, so it is a good opportunity to share some of your favorite dishes with them. If there is a local restaurant that specialized in their cuisine, make a point of taking them out to eat there. Show them you are just as interested in their culture as they are in ours.
Do your research to make sure you want to consider being a host for a foreign student. Once you make the decision just enjoy the time you get to spend with a visitor from another country.
- Amazon.com 12 Days of Deals Starts Sunday - December 2, 2016
- How To Reduce Your Stress As A Working Parent - December 2, 2016
- #BalanceYourPlate And Your Time With Stouffer’s! - November 16, 2016
- Why You May Or May Not Want A Real Estate Agent - November 15, 2016
- HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA: HP Pavilion All-in-One Desktop (27-a040se) #HPPerforms - November 12, 2016
- #MessiestBabyContest: Letting Your Kid Get Messy Is A Good Thing! - November 8, 2016
- Daylight Saving Time: How To Adjust To The Change - November 4, 2016
- Spooktacular Halloween Party Ideas for Adults - October 29, 2016
- Tips for Studying While Raising Young Kids - October 28, 2016
- Healthy Halloween Snacks and Treats - October 22, 2016