Why Every Child Should Attend Summer Camp
Summer camp is one of the most unforgettable and rewarding experiences that a child can have in their life. It is a great opportunity for children to prepare them for a brighter and larger future down the road. Here are some reasons that every child should attend summer camp.
Build self-esteem– When children attend summer camp, it gives a huge boost to their self-esteem. They will appear less clingy and much more confident upon returning home. It allows kids to determine who they really are other than their family’s preconceived notions.
Encourages independence– Summer camp allows children to learn how to be responsible in making their own decisions with the help of camp counselors. The environment of summer camp allows kids to have peer support as well so they can outgrow their constant dependency on their parents.
Builds character– Summer camp is a great way for children to have core values to be strong and moral individuals. Camp teaches them things like responsibility, honesty, ethics, caring and respect.
Try new things– Summer camp is an ideal way for kids to try out new things they may have never experienced before. Unless they have a lake at home for kayaking or an archery range, chances are they may have never done these things in the past. It also allows them to overcome fears, like horseback riding or discover talents or interests they never knew they had.
Experience diversity– Children that attend summer camp are exposed to an array of backgrounds, races, cultures, religions and ethnicities. In addition, they might also experience a variety of music, foods and practices.
Keeps active– In a world of computers and video games, summer camp is a great way to get kids to disconnect from it all for a while. The majority of summer camps do not allow technology like cell phones, tablets or laptops, so kids have the benefit of staying active.
Images via Fahocha Camp
- Boost Your Baby’s Immune System, Ease Tummy Trouble With #UpSpring - March 12, 2017
- Pot of Gold Crafts for Kids - March 9, 2017
- Being a Stepmom to a Teenage Girl - March 3, 2017
- TEEN LIFE: Types of Peer Pressure (It’s Not All Bad!) - February 19, 2017
- Fun & Easy Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids to Make - February 14, 2017
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas - February 9, 2017
- Easy to Make Mexican Dip Recipes - February 5, 2017
- Best Family Resorts of 2016 - February 2, 2017
- Best Finance Apps of 2016 - January 26, 2017
- Best Fitness Trackers of 2016 - January 22, 2017