Summer Lunch Food Ideas for the Whole Family
Summer is a time for hot and sticky weather. The last thing you want to do at lunchtime is slave over a hot stove in a hot kitchen. Here are some great summer lunch food ideas for the whole family.
Strawberry and Tomato Salad– Makes 4 servings
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut into fourths
1 cup of strawberries, stem cut off and sliced into strips
1 teaspoon of olive oil
2 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 ounce of goat cheese, crumbled
Using a small bowl, combine tomatoes, strawberries, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt. Allow to marinate on the counter for 8-10 minutes. Divide mixture on four individual plates and top with goat cheese before serving.
Cobb Salad Sandwiches– Makes 2 servings
4 slices of white or wheat bread
4 thick slices of ham deli meat
2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
4 slices of bacon, cooked crispy
2 tomatoes, sliced
2 large leaves of romaine lettuce
2 tablespoons of blue cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
Lay out the four slices of bread on the counter. On two slices of bread, spread one tablespoon of mayonnaise on each slice. Top the mayonnaise-topped slices with 2 slices of ham, one hard-boiled egg, 2 slices of bacon, one slice of tomato, one leaf of lettuce and one tablespoon of blue cheese. Place the remaining two slices of bread on top of each sandwich.
Ham and Apple Wraps with Yogurt and Mustard Dip– Makes 4 servings
¼ cup of plain yogurt
1 ½ teaspoons of Dijon mustard
1 Granny Smith apple, cored and cut into 16 wedges
4 ounces of cheddar cheese, cubed into 16 pieces
4 ounces of deli ham, cut into 16 strips
Using a small bowl, combine the yogurt and mustard until mixed well. Set aside. Take one wedge of the apple along with one cube of cheese and wrap tightly with one slice of deli ham. Repeat using the remaining apples, cheese cubes and deli ham slices. Serve with the yogurt and mustard dip.
Discussion: What is your favorite summer lunch food idea?
- Top Money Saving Tips when Saving for College Admissions - February 5, 2017
- Great Courses for Moms Returning to School - January 10, 2017
- How to Control Your Health Care Education Costs - January 10, 2017
- Recipes for Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings - December 11, 2016
- Leveraging Tech to Make Parenting Easier: 3 Essential Tips - December 4, 2016
- What Every Mother Should Know Before Returning to College - November 26, 2016
- The Best Black Friday Facebook Pages - November 23, 2016
- YUM ALERT: Basic Fruit Dip Recipes - November 15, 2016
- Brilliant Hacks for Organizing Your Closets - October 6, 2016
- 6 Best Websites to Help You Save Money - September 4, 2016