How to Tie in Education with Summer Fun for Kids
Summer is a great time for kids since they get a break from school for a couple of months. However, this doesn’t mean that they have to forget about learning during the summer. Here are some ways you can tie in education with summer fun for kids.
Tour local facilities– Kids often have questions about different things and lots of them. These questions can include things like what happens to mail in the mailbox? How do donuts get their hole in the middle? How can farmers milk that many cows? These questions can easily be answered by taking your child on a tour of the local post office, donut shop or farm. By going behind the scenes, your child can have fun while learning at the same time.
Collecting items on the beach– While the beach is fun, it can also be a place of learning too. Before your family heads to the beach, head to the library and read up on books about boats, waves and fish. These books are a great way for kids to learn about the beach. While at the beach, have your kids start a collection of shells or rocks, finding ones in different shapes, sizes and even colors. Your child can add to their collection year after year.
Start a family newsletter– Help your child find a template from your office program so they can create their own family newsletter. Kids will love taking pictures for the newsletter as well as writing stories about summer at home and family vacations. They can also include fun things like a summer poem or recipe. Then, the newsletter can be sent to family and friends.
Visit the local library– The library is both a place of learning and a place of fun for kids. Let your children explore the library and choose books that they want to take home and read.
Plant a garden– Planting a garden is one of the best ways to learn how things grow. You can start with seeds of vegetables kids like such as tomatoes or cucumbers. Talk to your kids about what plants need to grow like sun, air, water and nutrients. The best part is they will get to eat the end product.
- Leveraging Tech to Make Parenting Easier: 3 Essential Tips - December 4, 2016
- What Every Mother Should Know Before Returning to College - November 26, 2016
- The Best Black Friday Facebook Pages - November 23, 2016
- YUM ALERT: Basic Fruit Dip Recipes - November 15, 2016
- Brilliant Hacks for Organizing Your Closets - October 6, 2016
- 6 Best Websites to Help You Save Money - September 4, 2016
- Having Fun with Kids on a Budget – Try These Free and Cheap Activities - August 23, 2016
- Things To Pack Your College Freshman + Bed Bath & Beyond Giveaway - August 8, 2016
- 4 Amazon Hacks Every Shopper Should Know - August 5, 2016
- 4 Steps to Make Your Tablet a Budgeting Tool - July 27, 2016