How To Mentally Prepare For Family Photos
Today I went in to get my eyebrows waxed in preparation for our big day tomorrow. All of our ensembles are folded and arranged accordingly in my bedroom, away from any sort of possible cat hair attraction, dog dander disaster or food mess. It’s getting serious, folks. Our family photo day is upon us.
Why I am just a tad nervous?
Sadly (and it’s REALLY sad, but exciting…a rollercoaster of emotion of sorts), we’ve never really done this before. Like all of us. In one photo. Professionally.
I have been planning and coordinating in my mind how this all is going to go because if you imagine it and believe it, it can happen, right? Well I’m visualizing our family photo session to go as planned in my mind. My kids will be well-rested and cooperative. My husband’s farmer tan will be covered in all the right places. Everybody’s ensemble will be wrinkle-free and clean. My hair’s volume will remain in tact for the three hours I must wait until our actual photo session begins. I also am praying that all of this over-thinking will not cause a big, honking zit to appear on my face when I wake up tomorrow morning.
So how are we going to prepare for our family photo day besides deep breaths and positive thoughts?
1. Kids will be taking an afternoon nap in hopes that they will not be crabby and feisty when our evening pictures happen.
2. Kids will have full bellies before we head out to take our pictures and bribed with my most famous words, “If you are good, we will go get ice cream when we are done. But, you HAVE to listen and behave!”
3. No sugar BEFORE pictures. Otherwise, the kids will all be making faces like this:
So how is this all going to go down? Hopefully well. I’ll keep you posted.
- TEEN LIFE: Types of Peer Pressure (It’s Not All Bad!) - February 19, 2017
- Fun & Easy Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids to Make - February 14, 2017
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas - February 9, 2017
- Easy to Make Mexican Dip Recipes - February 5, 2017
- Best Family Resorts of 2016 - February 2, 2017
- Best Finance Apps of 2016 - January 26, 2017
- Best Fitness Trackers of 2016 - January 22, 2017
- How to Avoid Common Errors When Ordering Flowers Online - January 19, 2017
- Budget Friendly Family Activities - January 19, 2017
- Best Recipe Apps of 2016 - January 17, 2017