How To Mentally Prepare For Family Photos
Today I went in to get my eyebrows waxed in preparation for our big day tomorrow. All of our ensembles are folded and arranged accordingly in my bedroom, away from any sort of possible cat hair attraction, dog dander disaster or food mess. It’s getting serious, folks. Our family photo day is upon us.
Why I am just a tad nervous?
Sadly (and it’s REALLY sad, but exciting…a rollercoaster of emotion of sorts), we’ve never really done this before. Like all of us. In one photo. Professionally.
I have been planning and coordinating in my mind how this all is going to go because if you imagine it and believe it, it can happen, right? Well I’m visualizing our family photo session to go as planned in my mind. My kids will be well-rested and cooperative. My husband’s farmer tan will be covered in all the right places. Everybody’s ensemble will be wrinkle-free and clean. My hair’s volume will remain in tact for the three hours I must wait until our actual photo session begins. I also am praying that all of this over-thinking will not cause a big, honking zit to appear on my face when I wake up tomorrow morning.
So how are we going to prepare for our family photo day besides deep breaths and positive thoughts?
1. Kids will be taking an afternoon nap in hopes that they will not be crabby and feisty when our evening pictures happen.
2. Kids will have full bellies before we head out to take our pictures and bribed with my most famous words, “If you are good, we will go get ice cream when we are done. But, you HAVE to listen and behave!”
3. No sugar BEFORE pictures. Otherwise, the kids will all be making faces like this:
So how is this all going to go down? Hopefully well. I’ll keep you posted.
- Amazon.com 12 Days of Deals Starts Sunday - December 2, 2016
- How To Reduce Your Stress As A Working Parent - December 2, 2016
- #BalanceYourPlate And Your Time With Stouffer’s! - November 16, 2016
- Why You May Or May Not Want A Real Estate Agent - November 15, 2016
- HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA: HP Pavilion All-in-One Desktop (27-a040se) #HPPerforms - November 12, 2016
- #MessiestBabyContest: Letting Your Kid Get Messy Is A Good Thing! - November 8, 2016
- Daylight Saving Time: How To Adjust To The Change - November 4, 2016
- Spooktacular Halloween Party Ideas for Adults - October 29, 2016
- Tips for Studying While Raising Young Kids - October 28, 2016
- Healthy Halloween Snacks and Treats - October 22, 2016