Best Fruits and Vegetables to Grill
If you have a backyard grill, have you ever considered grilling delicious fruits and vegetables? Here some of the best fruits and vegetable to grill:
Watermelon– Many people don’t even think about grilling watermelon but it is delicious. You can either grill it with the rind on or you can remove it. A note of caution is to watch closely when grilling watermelon since it is high in water and water can spew out. You want to grill the watermelon for 5-7 minutes, adding balsamic vinegar if you want or leave it plain. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before eating.
Apples– Apples are one of the best fruits to grill. They take some time to grill, usually 30-45 minutes, but the end result is worth it. The heat from the grill will soften and sweeten the apple from the outside. Ass sugar and cinnamon or brown sugar for added flavor.
Bananas– Never heard of grilled bananas? Oh you are certainly missing out then. Cut bananas in half lengthwise, leaving the banana in the peel. Brush some brown sugar on each side of the banana and grill for 3-4 minutes per side.
Corn– Summer and corn on the cob go together like peanut butter and jelly. Shuck the corn, wash and pat dry. Grill the corn for 10-12 minutes, brushing frequently with butter.
Onions– Grilling onions changes the taste greatly. That onion that was once pungent and sharp turns sweet and mellow when grilled. Cut an onion into chunks and place on a skewer. Grill for about 20-25 minutes.
Asparagus– Blanch the asparagus for about one minute before grilling. After blanching, immediately place asparagus in cold water so it stops cooking. Brush the asparagus with olive oil and grill for about 3-4 minutes per side. Or until crisp and tender.
Discussion: What is your favorite fruit or vegetable to grill?
- Fantastic Ways to Celebrate Winter as a Family - February 13, 2016
- Delicious Winter Salad Ideas - February 5, 2016
- Avoiding Christmas Burnout - November 8, 2015
- Holiday Health Do’s and Don’ts - November 5, 2015
- How to Make the Holidays Easier When You Are Divorced - November 2, 2015
- What Retail Stores are Open Thanksgiving Day? - November 1, 2015
- The Best All-Natural Mood Boosters - October 28, 2015
- Best Fall Home Buying Tips - October 22, 2015
- Educational Thanksgiving Activities for Kids - October 20, 2015
- DIY Autumn Candles for Your Home - October 9, 2015