5 Ways For Keeping Pets Cool and Comfortable During the Summer
Pet owners cannot wait till summer so that their pets can enjoy the outdoors. While the sunshine and playing outside is great for dogs, there are some things you will need to do in order to keep them safe from the summer heat. Here are some ways for keeping pets cool and comfortable during the summer.
Don’t leave pets in a parked car– Never leave your pet in a car, even with the windows cracked open slightly. Temperatures in the summer can rise to dangerous levels and fast. For instance, if the temperature outside reads 85 degrees, this means the temps inside the car can rise to 102 degree within 10 minutes, even with the windows slightly opened. This extreme heat may cause your pet to die, or at the very least suffer from organ damage.
Supply them with fresh water– You must keep fresh, cold water available to your pet at all times during the hot summer months. Keep a bowl of fresh cold water inside as well as outside for them. Outside, be sure the bowl is in a shady area.
Walk them in the early morning or late evening– You want to walk your dog in the coolest parts of the day. It is essential to keep in mind that your dog is equipped with fur which allows him to get hotter much faster than humans do. Also, keep in mind how hot the asphalt or concrete is when you walk them. Step on the ground with your bare feet before walking your dog. If the ground is too hot for you then it is too hot for your pet.
Have a kid’s pool on hand for them– Kiddie pools are not just ideal for keeping the kids cool but your pets as well. If they spend a lot of time outside, put a kiddie pool in a shaded area and fill with cool water. It is important that your pet is supervised in the pool as drowning can occur with pets.
Use an array of fans for them– If you have air conditioning inside your home, then use that to keep your pet cool in the summer. If not, use fans to help them beat the summer heat. Many cats and dogs enjoy the fans that sit on the floor since they can sit or lie in front of them to keep cool.
Discussion: What do you do to keep your pets cool?
- Boost Your Baby’s Immune System, Ease Tummy Trouble With #UpSpring - March 12, 2017
- Pot of Gold Crafts for Kids - March 9, 2017
- Being a Stepmom to a Teenage Girl - March 3, 2017
- TEEN LIFE: Types of Peer Pressure (It’s Not All Bad!) - February 19, 2017
- Fun & Easy Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids to Make - February 14, 2017
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas - February 9, 2017
- Easy to Make Mexican Dip Recipes - February 5, 2017
- Best Family Resorts of 2016 - February 2, 2017
- Best Finance Apps of 2016 - January 26, 2017
- Best Fitness Trackers of 2016 - January 22, 2017