#FreeToBe A Busy Mom: 5 Tips To Free Up Your Schedule
Before I had kids, my life had to have been boring. Like, REALLY boring. I remember sleeping in and getting up whenever I wanted to, going to bed whenever I wanted to and not because I was physically and/or mentally drained. I was #Freetobe. It scares me to think of what I will do when my kids are grown up and out of the house. Thank goodness I don’t need to think about that for awhile. Right now I need to focus on how I can free up my schedule, because it’s downright cray! I put together a list of 5 tips I am going to try to use to free up my schedule and still be #FreeToBe, just in a different way!
5 Tips To Free Up Your Schedule:
1. Keep A Time Log: Take a week or so to write down where you are spending a lot of your time. If you can monitor your time for at least a week, you can get a good sense of where your time goes. This way you will be more mindful of any unnecessary time takers.
2. Eliminate Time Wasters: Turn off the television. Shut down the computer. Get off the phone. I know a lot of people who spend a lot of time on their electronic devices and I am not innocent. I often find myself trying to pass multiple levels on Candy Crush and when I finally DO pass the level I get a rush that makes me want to keep playing. I know, I’ve got problems! But, I’ve also wasted some precious time that I could have been getting other things done. While it is definitely okay to indulge and get your mind off of life every once in awhile, a daily 30-1 hour play time adds up!
3. Live Simply: The big house and the big cars can be nice to have, but remember…the more space you have, the more you have to clean, maintain and take care of.
4. Say “No”: It is okay to say “no”! I do love to help people and it is such a good thing to be able to help those who really do need your help. However, if your plate is full and you are not sure how you are going to fit yet another thing into your schedule, it is okay to say no. Also, know that if someone is constantly asking you for help and favors, they could be taking advantage of your generous nature. You are sacrificing your time for someone else, which is perfectly fine. But know when to draw the line!
5. Consolidate Chores: Chores can definitely seem overwhelming, especially if you wait until the weekend to do them all. If you can take 30 minutes or so a night or two nights (depending on your chore load) to get a few things done, you will be able to have fun and spend more time with family and friends or work on a project that you actually WANT to do.
Laundry is one of those chores that really can get crazy around our house considering the number of outfit changes my kids go through on a daily basis.
So, that is why we try to divide and conquer throughout the week. One less thing I have to worry about is my kids’ sensitive skin. Before we used all free clear detergent I remember having to re-wash ALL the kids’ clothes because they would breakout in a rash due to the harsh ingredients other detergents have.
all free clear is the #1 recommended detergent brand by Dermatologists, Allergists, and Pediatricians for sensitive skin. It’s tough on stains yet gentle enough for the whole family. Plus, it’s safe for use in standard and HE machines. It rinses clean and has a gentle, hypoallergenic formula. Powerful Clean. Gentle on Skin. all free clear is also 100% hypoallergenic.
Rounding out our all free clear arsenal is the all® free clear liquid fabric softener and dryer sheets. Use together to make fabrics cleaner, softer, and more comfortable against your family’s sensitive skin. 100% free of dyes and perfumes. Gentle on skin. Safe for all washing machines. Find it in your fabric conditioner aisle! I do not buy any other detergent. all free clear has been SO amazing for our family.
It could just be your family’s saving grace! How do YOU free up your schedule?
- Boost Your Baby’s Immune System, Ease Tummy Trouble With #UpSpring - March 12, 2017
- Pot of Gold Crafts for Kids - March 9, 2017
- Being a Stepmom to a Teenage Girl - March 3, 2017
- TEEN LIFE: Types of Peer Pressure (It’s Not All Bad!) - February 19, 2017
- Fun & Easy Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids to Make - February 14, 2017
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas - February 9, 2017
- Easy to Make Mexican Dip Recipes - February 5, 2017
- Best Family Resorts of 2016 - February 2, 2017
- Best Finance Apps of 2016 - January 26, 2017
- Best Fitness Trackers of 2016 - January 22, 2017