KID SAY WHAT: Bullying and Balls
My coworkers and I got onto the topic of bullying last week and it made me curious to see how my children would react to someone bullying them.
So later that evening I went home and initiated a discussion with my 8 year old boy Carter and 5 year old Lola. We all were sitting down at dinner and I proceeded to ask Carter what he would do if he was being bullied at school.
His response? “Well I would walk away! And if the bully kept on bullying me, I’d tell the teacher!”
Yep, that is totally the right thing to do. Great answer, Carter.
Then I decided to ask Lola what she would do if she was being bullied. So I did. “Lola, what would you do if someone was bullying you?”
My sweet five year old thought hard and I could tell by the pensive look on her face she was pondering. She then looked up at me and said with a vengeance, “If I was getting bullied, I’d kick ’em in the balls!”
I did all I could not to laugh.
“No Lola, we cannot do that.” Did I ever mention how much work I have yet to do with this one?
- How to Plan a Fun Family Vacation on a Budget - March 29, 2017
- Boost Your Baby’s Immune System, Ease Tummy Trouble With #UpSpring - March 12, 2017
- Pot of Gold Crafts for Kids - March 9, 2017
- Being a Stepmom to a Teenage Girl - March 3, 2017
- TEEN LIFE: Types of Peer Pressure (It’s Not All Bad!) - February 19, 2017
- Fun & Easy Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids to Make - February 14, 2017
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas - February 9, 2017
- Easy to Make Mexican Dip Recipes - February 5, 2017
- Best Family Resorts of 2016 - February 2, 2017
- Best Finance Apps of 2016 - January 26, 2017