KID SAY WHAT: Bullying and Balls
My coworkers and I got onto the topic of bullying last week and it made me curious to see how my children would react to someone bullying them.
So later that evening I went home and initiated a discussion with my 8 year old boy Carter and 5 year old Lola. We all were sitting down at dinner and I proceeded to ask Carter what he would do if he was being bullied at school.
His response? “Well I would walk away! And if the bully kept on bullying me, I’d tell the teacher!”
Yep, that is totally the right thing to do. Great answer, Carter.
Then I decided to ask Lola what she would do if she was being bullied. So I did. “Lola, what would you do if someone was bullying you?”
My sweet five year old thought hard and I could tell by the pensive look on her face she was pondering. She then looked up at me and said with a vengeance, “If I was getting bullied, I’d kick ’em in the balls!”
I did all I could not to laugh.
“No Lola, we cannot do that.” Did I ever mention how much work I have yet to do with this one?
- Best Recipe Apps of 2016 - January 17, 2017
- HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA: ArcKit For Your Little Builder - December 20, 2016
- The Hidden Moving Costs Nobody Tells You About - December 18, 2016
- HOLIDAY DEALS: Zootopia and Miles From Tomorrowland Bundles on TOMY.com - December 10, 2016
- Christmas Trees On Parade - December 9, 2016
- Best Holiday Styles Ideas for Teen/Tween Boys - December 8, 2016
- Quilted Northern Target Cartwheel Offer! - December 5, 2016
- Amazon.com 12 Days of Deals Starts Sunday - December 2, 2016
- How To Reduce Your Stress As A Working Parent - December 2, 2016
- #BalanceYourPlate And Your Time With Stouffer’s! - November 16, 2016