5 Ways to Organize a Laundry Room
Your laundry room is probably the one room in your home that gets a whole lot of use. It is also the room in your home that probably gets the messiest. However, there are things you can do to keep your laundry room a bit more organized.
1. Using lots of baskets– The key to using baskets in your laundry area is that they need to be conducive to your laundry routine. This means that you need to get rid of that one catch-all basket and use individual laundry baskets. The easiest way to organize laundry into baskets is to label several different colored baskets according to the laundry type or color such as whites, darks, brights, lights, towels and jeans. If you wash everyone’s laundry individually, have a separate basket with each person’s name on it instead.
2. Hide supplies that spell out clutter– You can hide things that make your laundry room look cluttered such as cleaning supplies and laundry soap. You can add some shelves and hide the supplies with a decorative curtain. You can also place items in baskets that can be hidden with curtains as well.
3. Include a storage island– If you want to keep things like laundry baskets or other items off the laundry room floor, add a storage island in the center of the room. You can also use this storage island as a place to fold clothing right when it comes out of the dryer.
4. Include an ironing station– Adding an iron station to your laundry room can help you to keep everything you need for ironing in one spot that is easy to access. Some ironing units are designed to fit behind the laundry room door while others have ample space to store ironing supplies such as spray starch.
5. Using hangers as needed– If you find that your laundry items get wrinkled, hangers will become your new best friend. Once the laundered items have completed the dryer cycle, hang them up immediately so you lessen the chance of wrinkles. You can use color coordinated hangers for each family member to help keep things organized.
What is the favorite part of your laundry room? Or what would you like to change in your laundry room to make it more tolerable to be in?
- Brilliant Hacks for Organizing Your Closets - October 6, 2016
- 6 Best Websites to Help You Save Money - September 4, 2016
- Having Fun with Kids on a Budget – Try These Free and Cheap Activities - August 23, 2016
- Things To Pack Your College Freshman + Bed Bath & Beyond Giveaway - August 8, 2016
- 4 Amazon Hacks Every Shopper Should Know - August 5, 2016
- 4 Steps to Make Your Tablet a Budgeting Tool - July 27, 2016
- 50 Baby & Toddler Pool Floats Amazon Round Up - July 19, 2016
- About Saving Money on Academic Essay Writing - July 14, 2016
- BAM! Instant Guest Room With #OoRooBeds - July 14, 2016
- 3 Tips for Maintaining a Frugal Mindset - June 16, 2016