Why Vaccinations are Good
Bring up the topic of vaccinations today and you will sound be in the middle of the greatest debate in our nation right now. While every parent must make their own choices, here are some compelling reasons in favor of vaccinating your child.
Many of these diseases, such as measles and mumps, can be deadly, especially to young children. Without the immunization, your child will be at risk to catch one of these preventable illnesses. Vaccines were developed to help eliminate deadly diseases.
The cost of a vaccination is much less than treating the disease, also. Why would you want your child to get sick and be miserable and in pain?
There are outbreaks of these diseases every year. If you don’t vaccinate, you could be put stuck inside your house, in isolation. This could take weeks to clear up.
If you have an unvaccinated child that does get sick, the risk to young babies or other kids with serious illnesses is very high. Immunized children are much less likely to come down with a disease and spread it to others.
One common vaccination is for Pertussis, or “Whooping Cough”. This disease is prevented with an immunization. Pertussis is very hard to treat and can result in death or brain damage. Diphtheria can lead to paralysis, breathing issues, heart failure, and of course even end in death. These are illnesses to take seriously!
Although we are talking about vaccinations for children, adults can also be at risk. Some shots you may have received when you were young do wear off and require boosters. If you don’t make sure you are up to date, you can also unwittingly pass on a disease to unvaccinated children. While an adult may be able to fight this, a young child will be less able to do so.
Vaccines are safe and offer many benefits- even saving lives. Make sure to vaccinate your child and keep your own immunizations up to date as well.
- Fantastic Ways to Celebrate Winter as a Family - February 13, 2016
- Delicious Winter Salad Ideas - February 5, 2016
- Avoiding Christmas Burnout - November 8, 2015
- Holiday Health Do’s and Don’ts - November 5, 2015
- How to Make the Holidays Easier When You Are Divorced - November 2, 2015
- What Retail Stores are Open Thanksgiving Day? - November 1, 2015
- The Best All-Natural Mood Boosters - October 28, 2015
- Best Fall Home Buying Tips - October 22, 2015
- Educational Thanksgiving Activities for Kids - October 20, 2015
- DIY Autumn Candles for Your Home - October 9, 2015