National Frozen Food Month: 10 Healthy Frozen Foods For Families
There’s no doubt about it, fresh foods are always best. But not all the time do we mamas or daddios have our meals planned out for the week with fresh ingredients perfectly ready for the week’s busy-ness. Now I realize some of you more organized peeps might, but this mama certainly has some room for improvement. Ok, a lot of room for improvement, actually.
Sometimes throwing in a frozen meal to heat up for inhalation after a busy night of taxiing kids from practice or school activities is the easiest option. And I am here to tell you that it is absolutely okay to celebrate National Frozen Food month in March or any time of the year you find yourself in a meal time crunch or a just plain lazy day.
Here are 10 Frozen Foods For Families that are healthier than your average frozen food…so you won’t feel AS guilty for using them on “one of those nights”.
1. evol Fire Grilled Steak
Ingredients: Steak, black beans, cilantro-lime rice, roasted red and green bell peppers and Cheddar cheese with a cilantro-lime pesto
Key nutritionals: 400 Calories, 3.5g Saturated Fat, 20g Protein, 9g Fiber, 520mg Sodium
Warm up some frozen veggies and bam, you’ve got a quick, semi-healthy meal.
2. Saffron Road Chicken Biryani
Ingredients: Chicken, basmati rice and caramelized onions in Biryani spices
Key nutritionals: 400 Calories, 2g Saturated Fat, 25g Protein, 3g Fiber, 590mg Sodium
Warm up some frozen veggies or prepare up some apple slices and you’ve got yourself a quick meal.
3. Frozen Fish Pick: Ocean Eclipse Salmon, Wild Caught
Getting heart-healthy omega-3s is as simple as thawing, then baking, broiling, or microwaving this salmon.
Average price: $6.99-$7.99 for 2 pounds
Add some veggies and you’ve got a meal!
4. Van’s Lite Waffles
Calories per 2 waffles: 140
Fresh cut fruit and some lite syrup would work perfectly with these lite waffles!
5. Cedarlane Garden Vegetable Enchiladas
When you can’t go out for Mexican, heat these up. They’re filled with cheese, beans, corn, and chilies and topped with a spicy sauce.
Calories per package: 280
6. Palermo’s Primo Thin Margherita Pizza
A firm, thin crust topped with garlicky tomatoes and a liberal sprinkling of cheese. Bella!
Calories per 1/3 pizza: 260
Quick, easy, delish!
7. Pacific Natural Foods Fire-Baked Thin Crust Uncured Pepperoni Pizza
Nitrate-free pepperoni mixed with three types of gooey cheese made this healthy pizza an instant hit.
Calories per 1/3 pizza: 260
8. Amy’s Asian Noodle Stir Fry: A shout out dairy-free and gluten-free!
9. Amy’s Roasted Vegetable Lasagna:
A fresh take on an old favorite! With fire-roasted veggies, a creamy sauce, and a breadcrumb topping, this entrée takes lasagna to a new level.
10. Healthy Choice: Baked: Slow Roasted Turkey Bake: Make any day Thanksgiving with this star entrée. Crispy onions included.
Many of the frozen meals do contain a higher amount of sodium so you will want to not rely so much on these types of meals for daily consumption. But, they will get you through in a bind!
- TEEN LIFE: Types of Peer Pressure (It’s Not All Bad!) - February 19, 2017
- Fun & Easy Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids to Make - February 14, 2017
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas - February 9, 2017
- Easy to Make Mexican Dip Recipes - February 5, 2017
- Best Family Resorts of 2016 - February 2, 2017
- Best Finance Apps of 2016 - January 26, 2017
- Best Fitness Trackers of 2016 - January 22, 2017
- How to Avoid Common Errors When Ordering Flowers Online - January 19, 2017
- Budget Friendly Family Activities - January 19, 2017
- Best Recipe Apps of 2016 - January 17, 2017