Best Preschool Television Shows
Preschoolers are those who are between the ages of 2 and 5. These are the years when learning and fun really should go hand in hand. Here are some of the best television shows for preschoolers.
The Backyardigans– The Backyardigans is a TV show that can be found on Nick Jr. They are a group of five friends who transform their backyards into a whole new set of adventures, complete with song and dance. Pablo is a penguin, Tyrone is a moose, Tasha is a hippo, Austin is a kangaroo and Uniqua is a unique critter. With each episode, there is a chosen musical style such as big band, hip hop or reggae. There is also a specific theme that is played out among the backyard landscape. The show is great for empowering kids to use their imaginations.
Super Why– Super Why is a show that is on the PBS Kids television network. The show follows the lives of four friends: Super Why has reading powers, Alpha Pig has alphabet powers, Wonder Red has word powers and Princess Presto has spelling powers. These four friends use the magic of fairy tales to solve everyday problems. They take viewers into the storybook world to help them solve these problems. Super Why showcases computer generated animated characters in bright colors so that reading and spelling become fun and adventurous.
Dora the Explorer– Dora the Explorer is on Nick Jr. Dora and her friend Boots the Monkey enlists the help of the viewers to help them finish educational adventures. The pair encounters obstacles along the way but they always finish their adventure to the end. Preschoolers help Dora and Boots figure out puzzles and riddles on their adventures as they learn about shapes, colors and numbers. Dora, a Latin girl, also uses Spanish words that are incorporated into her songs. The television show looks much like a computer screen and even uses a computer mouse to click on correct answers.
What is your favorite show for preschoolers?
- Fantastic Ways to Celebrate Winter as a Family - February 13, 2016
- Delicious Winter Salad Ideas - February 5, 2016
- Avoiding Christmas Burnout - November 8, 2015
- Holiday Health Do’s and Don’ts - November 5, 2015
- How to Make the Holidays Easier When You Are Divorced - November 2, 2015
- What Retail Stores are Open Thanksgiving Day? - November 1, 2015
- The Best All-Natural Mood Boosters - October 28, 2015
- Best Fall Home Buying Tips - October 22, 2015
- Educational Thanksgiving Activities for Kids - October 20, 2015
- DIY Autumn Candles for Your Home - October 9, 2015