5 Foods That Speed Up Metabolism
Speeding up your metabolism is one of the best ways to help you lose weight. You may think that counting calories is the only way to help you shed some extra pounds but this is not the case. If you can eat foods that speed up your metabolism, this will help you curb your appetite and assist with weight loss.
1. Hot peppers– Most types of hot peppers such as habaneros and jalapenos not only help to increase your circulation but also boosts metabolism. Eating hot peppers also helps to curb your appetite and reduce cravings as well. This is due to the fact that hot peppers contain capsaicin which is a compound that stimulates the pain receptors in the body and that in turn increases your metabolic rate.
2. Almonds– Almonds have a great deal of fat content so you don’t want to go overboard with them but they can help to give your metabolism a boost. Almonds contain essential fatty acids that help to increase metabolism. You can eat almonds whole as a snack or you can use them as a topper for a main dish or salad.
3. Asparagus– While asparagus may be low in calories; the nutrient content is high with asparagus. Because of the fact that they have a unique taste that is delicious, it will help to increase your metabolism.
4. Celery– Celery is probably one of those foods that you probably chew on instead of burgers and ice cream right? Well, that really isn’t such a bad thing since celery is great for boosting your metabolism. Celery is known to be a thermogenic food, which also contains a great amount of calcium.
5. Coconut oil– While we have always known that coconut oil has high fat content; it is just as important that we know the difference between good fat and bad fat. Coconut oil has also been shown to have many health benefits, including boosting your metabolism.
- Fantastic Ways to Celebrate Winter as a Family - February 13, 2016
- Delicious Winter Salad Ideas - February 5, 2016
- Avoiding Christmas Burnout - November 8, 2015
- Holiday Health Do’s and Don’ts - November 5, 2015
- How to Make the Holidays Easier When You Are Divorced - November 2, 2015
- What Retail Stores are Open Thanksgiving Day? - November 1, 2015
- The Best All-Natural Mood Boosters - October 28, 2015
- Best Fall Home Buying Tips - October 22, 2015
- Educational Thanksgiving Activities for Kids - October 20, 2015
- DIY Autumn Candles for Your Home - October 9, 2015