Eat Healthy for Your Brain: 6 Foods To Eat For A Healthy Brain
It seems like everyone wants to eat healthy today. There are many reasons to eat foods for your health, but there are some foods that your brain will love. Be nice to your brain and try some of these brain power foods.
Fish. Fish has long made healthy eating lists. Omega Three oils are necessary for brain development. They also help your brain function better. Omega Threes lessen the risk of stroke and dementia. Eating fish can help out our memories as we get older. With all the varieties of fish available in the supermarket today, you should be able to find something you and your family will love.
Nuts, as well as seeds, are chock full of the E vitamin, as well as the antioxidants that your brain craves. Most markets and natural food stores have a great selection of seeds and nuts in their bulk foods section. You can buy as little or much as you like, and this gives you the opportunity to try different types.
Chocolate. All chocolate in moderation can be healthy, but dark chocolate if favored. The power of the antioxidant is in the chocolate, but the little bit of caffeine there helps to increase your concentration.
Avocado. Avocadoes are really in season during the winter, but luckily they can be found year-round in most places. These green beauties help reduce the ‘bad’ cholesterol. Eliminating or reducing the plaque in your arteries lets your blood flow increase, which helps out your brain.
Carrots. Fresh, raw carrots gives your brain a much-needed, but consistent level of glucose.
Blueberries. These berries always make it to the top of a healthy fruit list. We know about the antioxidants, right? Blueberries are also thought to help our muscles function better and increase our ability to learn. This is a great snack for kids and adults.
Don’t forget your brain when you start making your list of healthy foods to buy and eat. These are just a few ideas that you can choose from to boost your brain power. Your brain will thank you!
- Great Courses for Moms Returning to School - January 10, 2017
- How to Control Your Health Care Education Costs - January 10, 2017
- Recipes for Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings - December 11, 2016
- Leveraging Tech to Make Parenting Easier: 3 Essential Tips - December 4, 2016
- What Every Mother Should Know Before Returning to College - November 26, 2016
- The Best Black Friday Facebook Pages - November 23, 2016
- YUM ALERT: Basic Fruit Dip Recipes - November 15, 2016
- Brilliant Hacks for Organizing Your Closets - October 6, 2016
- 6 Best Websites to Help You Save Money - September 4, 2016
- Having Fun with Kids on a Budget – Try These Free and Cheap Activities - August 23, 2016