Choosing a Canine to Fit Your Lifestyle: We Chose A Black Lab!
Most people who want a dog have an array of reasons for wanting one. Some people want one as a companion while some want one for protection. Whatever the reason is, it is important to choose a dog that is right for you and your lifestyle. For instance, if you love Border Collies but live in the city and work a great deal of hours, this may not be the dog for you.
Good dogs for apartments– If you have an apartment, you may think you can’t have a dog but this is not the case at all. What is does mean is that you will have to be careful of the dog breed you choose based on the lifestyle you live. Some of the larger dog breeds usually don’t do well in apartment settings since they need quite a bit of exercise and space. Some breeds that thrive in apartment settings include Shih-Tzu, Bichon Frise, Pug, Boston Terrier, Poodle, Chihuahua, Pomeranian and Dachshund.
Good dogs for active folks– If you have an active lifestyle, you want a dog that can keep up. There are some dog breeds that have high activity levels. These dog breeds include Jack Russell Terrier, Border Collie, Husky, German Shepherd, Greyhound and Golden Retriever.
Good dogs for hunters and fishermen– If you are an avid hunter or fisherman, there are some breeds of dogs that make ideal companions for these activities. These breeds include Setters, Bassett Hound, Labrador Retriever, Beagle and Golden Retriever.
Good dogs for protection– If you are looking for a dog to protect your home and your family, there are breeds that are ideal for guarding and protecting. Some of these breeds include Pit Bull, Doberman, Rottweiler and German Shepherd.
It is important to note that no matter which breed of dog that you choose, this is a lifelong commitment so be sure to choose the best one of the lifestyle of your family.
Do you have a dog in your family? If so, what breed do you have?
- Important Food Safety Tips for Summer - April 13, 2017
- STEM MOMS: Moms Are Performing Better in Tech Startups - February 26, 2017
- MOMS IN SCHOOL: How Moms Can Find Time to Study - February 25, 2017
- Top Money Saving Tips when Saving for College Admissions - February 5, 2017
- Great Courses for Moms Returning to School - January 10, 2017
- How to Control Your Health Care Education Costs - January 10, 2017
- Recipes for Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings - December 11, 2016
- Leveraging Tech to Make Parenting Easier: 3 Essential Tips - December 4, 2016
- What Every Mother Should Know Before Returning to College - November 26, 2016
- The Best Black Friday Facebook Pages - November 23, 2016