3 Handmade Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
Image via SAS-Does
There is no steadfast rule that says Valentine’s Day gifts have to be red or pink. These cute rainbow sock hearts are not only great gift ideas but make excellent decorations as well.
Several rainbow socks or if you don’t have rainbow socks, socks in different colors will do just fine
Heart shaped pattern
Thread and needle
Sock filler such as pillow filler or rice
Cut out two heart shapes with the socks for each sock you are making.
Lay the two sock hearts together and sew together, ensure you leave an opening for the filler.
Stuff with filler or rice and finish sewing completely.
Image via Crazy About My Baybah
Heart Bath Bombs
Heart bath bombs make an excellent Valentine’s Day gift for everyone from friends and family to teachers and bus drivers.
1 cup of citric acid
2 cup of baking soda
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1 ounce of melted coconut butter
6 drops of essential oil such as jasmine, lavender or sandalwood
2 drops of red or pink food coloring
Witch Hazel in spray bottle
In a bowl, mix together the citric acid, baking soda and cornstarch until there are no lumps present.
Mix in coconut butter, essential oils and food coloring.
Spray the mixture a few times with the Witch Hazel until the mixture holds a shape after it is pressed together.
Pack in mixture to silicone molds and let dry for 12 hours.
After 12 hours, remove from molds and dry an additional 24 hours.
Add bath bombs to mason jars for gift giving.
Image from Poppy Talk
Hot Chocolate Mix with Candy Bars
Your favorite hot cocoa mix
Two plain chocolate bars
Add the hot cocoa mix to the spice jar.
Secure the jar lid and cover with a square piece of wrapping paper.
Tie a ribbon on the top of the jar over the wrapping paper.
Tie the mini scoop in with the ribbon.
Unwrap the chocolate bar but leave the inner foil wrapping intact.
If the candy bar doesn’t have an inner layer of foil, just leave the label intact.
Cut a piece of wrapping paper that is a little larger than the candy bar.
Wrap the paper around the candy bar and tape to secure.
Add a ribbon around the candy bar.
Do you have any Valentine’s Day gift ideas you would like to share?
- Fantastic Ways to Celebrate Winter as a Family - February 13, 2016
- Delicious Winter Salad Ideas - February 5, 2016
- Avoiding Christmas Burnout - November 8, 2015
- Holiday Health Do’s and Don’ts - November 5, 2015
- How to Make the Holidays Easier When You Are Divorced - November 2, 2015
- What Retail Stores are Open Thanksgiving Day? - November 1, 2015
- The Best All-Natural Mood Boosters - October 28, 2015
- Best Fall Home Buying Tips - October 22, 2015
- Educational Thanksgiving Activities for Kids - October 20, 2015
- DIY Autumn Candles for Your Home - October 9, 2015