RECIPE: Easy Crockpot Chicken Parmesan
Delicious and flavorful meals like Chicken Parmesan don’t have to be complicated, and in my opinion should not require you to stand in the kitchen for over an hour preparing them. That is where our handy friend the crock pot comes into play. Using your crock pot to prepare your meals is a quick and easy way to infuse flavor and reduce fuss. Who doesn’t love coming home to a hot, and tasty meal ready to serve?
1 to 1 ¼ lbs. Boneless, skinless chicken breast
½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
½ cup Parmesan cheese
1-28 oz. can diced or pureed tomatoes
1 ½ tsp .garlic salt
1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. Dried Basil
1 tsp. Dried Rosemary
1 Tbsp. milk
salt and pepper to taste
Cut chicken into small bite size-ish pieces, season with salt and pepper.
Whisk egg and milk in a shallow bowl.
Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl.
Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture.
Dip pieces in breadcrumb mixture to coat well.
Drizzle olive oil inside of crock pot to coat it well., turn on to low.
Lay chicken in a single layer in the crock pot.
Pour tomatoes and sprinkle herbs over chicken, to crisp breading cook on high for 2 hours then reduce to low for final 2-4 hours. Otherwise just on low 6-7 hours.
Sprinkle cheese all over the top of chicken and sauce for final 20 minutes to melt cheese.
Boil spaghetti according to package directions.
Serve Chicken Parmesan over spaghetti for a hearty meal.
A yummy, quick and easy meal for the whole family! Enjoy!
- Great Courses for Moms Returning to School - January 10, 2017
- How to Control Your Health Care Education Costs - January 10, 2017
- Recipes for Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings - December 11, 2016
- Leveraging Tech to Make Parenting Easier: 3 Essential Tips - December 4, 2016
- What Every Mother Should Know Before Returning to College - November 26, 2016
- The Best Black Friday Facebook Pages - November 23, 2016
- YUM ALERT: Basic Fruit Dip Recipes - November 15, 2016
- Brilliant Hacks for Organizing Your Closets - October 6, 2016
- 6 Best Websites to Help You Save Money - September 4, 2016
- Having Fun with Kids on a Budget – Try These Free and Cheap Activities - August 23, 2016