5 Holiday Traditions We Do Every Year: Spreading Cheer With Sears

This sponsored post was written by me in collaboration with Latina Bloggers Connect and Sears.  All opinions are 100% mine.

sears

When I was a little girl, the day after Thanksgiving was always a day we looked forward to as a family as up went the Christmas tree in our quaint living room next to our front door. It was a magical time and even today my husband and I try to incorporate our traditions growing up into our celebration today. And, we have even added a few of our own traditions that we can share as our own family.

home

Here are 5 Holiday Traditions We Do With Our Family:

1. Decorating: At our house we love decorating for the holiday season. From red and gold to silver and red, we change it up every year to make things fun. The kids love to help lay out the place settings for our dinner table.

wreaths

2. Holiday Baking: Another holiday tradition our family has is making treats! The kids all pick out their own recipe they want to make and we take over the kitchen. From decorated pretzels, to our favorite corn flake wreaths to peanut butter kiss cookies, we put together fun little Christmas plates to give out to friends and neighbors and for our family gatherings.

santa

3. Write a letter to Santa: Even though the digital age allows us to email the North Pole, we do sit down with the kids the night before Christmas to write a letter for Santa.

4. Christmas Eve Mexican meal: When I grew up at home, the Eve of Christmas we would have a Mexican food feast, which primarily included tacos and beans and rice. This tradition carries through to our own family. We make tacos with all of the fixings and sometimes my husband makes enchiladas.

5. Birthday Cake for Jesus: We are Christians and celebrate the birth of Jesus so as part of our new holiday traditions we bake and decorate a birthday cake in honor of Jesus’ birthday. We have been doing this for a few years now and it is so fun to be able to teach our kids the real meaning behind Christmas!

Christmas is the season of giving!

And when we choose to shop for gifts, we look for bargains and getting more for our money. At Sears, you can always count on getting more – more value, more brands, more rewards and more ways to shop – and this holiday season, Sears has partnered with the Huffington Post to highlight Latino Holiday traditions and how Sears can bring some of those traditions to life!  You can check out some of those fun Holiday traditions here.

Check out Vanessa Bell from De Su Mamadoes her Family Christmas Celebrating via Huffington Post.

What are some of your holiday traditions you share with your family?

28 Responses to “5 Holiday Traditions We Do Every Year: Spreading Cheer With Sears

• mrs198128@yahoo.com'
    Melissa Smith

Sears is always on my list for holiday shopping & even the occasional decorating. I always fall in love with at least one little thing for the tree every year & have to get it.

• I love the birthday cake for Jesus! Mexican Dinner on Christmas Eve, oh my. When we moved to San Antonio, we were introduced to tamales being served on Christmas.

• Our traditions have changed over the years… but the one that remains is an ornament that has to go on the tree every year…. even when we change themes.

You guys have great traditions! We have a few here, too 😉

• What some lovely traditions – I love the idea of baking a birthday cake for Jesus what a nice way to remember the reason behind Christmas.

• These are such awesome traditions! We also have a feast on Christmas Eve which consists of different lunchmeats and appetizers to wonderful salads. This year it is my turn to host the party!

• Great post! We do the Birthday cake for Jesus, too! I love that!

• We’ve always put our tree up Thanksgiving weekend. This year, we still haven’t put it up.

• I used to love baking cookies and letting my kids decorate them. I liked having their Christmas decorations up too!

• There is nothing like our fun traditions on Christmas! We are getting ready for our baking session

• We do the decorating and baking of course. We have yet to write a letter to Santa though. Maybe next year!

• Great traditions! I love holiday baking we do that a lot here too!

• We always go and pick up a tree at the local Christmas tree farm to start off our Christmas season. We do a lot of baking too.

• Awesome traditions, I just have a big dinner with my family!

• I love Christmas traditions. The driving around looking at lights, a home visit from Santa (grandpa) and opening up one gift on Christmas Eve are some of our favorites!

• ammcmaho@mtu.edu'
    amanda @attachedmoms

I think we can all do many things to keep the cheer up, especially since people suffer from depression this time of year.

• I love seeing holiday traditions basically because we don’t follow such anymore, lol.

• Those sound great! I love learning about everyone’s different holiday traditions.

• We like to do a lot of baking to give as gifts. The kids enjoy watching all the great Holiday movies that come on TV.

• krystalbutherus@gmail.com'
    Krystal

My son just turned two so I want to start new traditions now. This is a great way to start!

• I loved Sears as a kid compared to Macy’s or JCPenny. Great & fun traditions 🙂

• I love doing special things with my son. This year we put our Christmas tree up and we had some diy ornaments and my son would point out each out and make reference as to when we made them. I love it!

• These are all great traditions to have. I especially like the baking a cake for Jesus.

• We love to decorate cookies. We write Santa a letter at the mall too, where there’s a Santa box. 🙂

Lisarios

Sounds amazing. Really love your traditional way. I love the idea of baking cakes. My kids love to watch holiday movies.

• Great traditions! I love families who make the most of the season together.

• I love these traditions. One of our traditions is to make bunelos.

• chrissy4gordon24@yahoo.com'
    Chrissy Mazzocchi

Holiday Baking is defenitley a big tradition for us as well, the kids and I both love it 🙂