#GivingTuesday: Tis The Season For Giving
Some people are hardcore about Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping and I admit I do check out to see what kind of deals are being offered and if I see a deal worth snagging up, I’ll do it. But never will you see me up at 3AM waiting in line for a product, along with hundreds of other people getting ready to stampede through the store.
For one, I am all about getting my sleep when I can and two, there is nothing in this world that can be worth leaving my nice, warm house at the crack of dawn for.
I know a lot of people who make Black Friday a family tradition. What I would like see a tradition is Giving Tuesday. Giving thanks, remembering to give in any way you can to others in need.
GiveForward was founded in 2008 with the simple concept to “allow small-scale donors to have a bigger say in where their donations were going. The GiveForward site was created to let anyone raise money for anything.” This basic ideal has expanded to a Personal Fundraising Website established with fundraising coaches to assist you in every step of the way. So not only can you help out someone close to you by setting up a campaign, you can do a random act of kindness via their website.
For example, Sheel and Becky Shaw are currently putting their son Andrew through cancer treatment, a horrifying disease that no one should ever have to endure, let alone a child. Via their campaign page,
We can’t remove the burden of Andrew’s cancer, but we can lift the burden of this bill. Every dollar counts. The Shah’s have incurred $21,000 in out of pocket medical bills because their insurance refused to pay for several treatments ordered by Andrew’s cancer doctors after he had already gotten the treatments. No family needs the added stress of a creditor demanding payment while fighting for the life of their young son. We can’t take away the cancer, but we can remove the added strain of this bill. This fundraiser was made for that. Please share and help however you can. Every dollar counts.
Check this out on Giving Tuesday or any day of the week for that matter. Giving back feels good for all involved.
Happy Giving Tuesday!
- Camping Safety Tips You Need to Know - April 24, 2017
- Choosing the Best Summer Camp for Your Child - April 17, 2017
- Best Cinco de Mayo Celebrations in the United States - April 13, 2017
- Awesome Easter Basket Ideas for Boys - April 9, 2017
- Awesome Easter Basket Ideas for Girls - April 8, 2017
- Easy Spring Craft Ideas for Kids - April 7, 2017
- Why Women Love Vintage And Antique Jewelry - April 3, 2017
- How to Burn Calories While on Vacation - April 1, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why The Love With Food Snack Box Is Worth Signing Up For - April 1, 2017
- COUPON ALERT: Save $2 Off Any Luvs Diapers #SharetheLuv - March 31, 2017