KID SAID WHAT: The Song Stuck In My Head Is Kind Of Cool
Whenever we drive to daycare in the mornings, Lola and I don’t have a whole lot of conversation as she is like her mother…NOT the morning person. We usually sit in silence looking at the rising sun and the beautiful view of the lake. However this morning was different. I cranked up the radio and we sang and jammed out loudly to Katy Perry’s “Birthday”.
It was after the song that I turned the volume back down on our booming Camry to started flipping through the radio station. It was then that Lola randomly comments, “Mom, I love it when songs float around in my head. I really like it when they are my favorite songs.”
This really made me smile because you all know how that is, getting that song stuck in your head after hearing it on the radio or as you see or hear something that reminds you of that song. Often times it is one of those annoying moments where you wish your brain would just choose a different focus. While it isn’t always your favorite song, it is a catchy song. Lola is just now realizing that songs do get stuck in your head at random moments and she thinks it’s kind of cool. We’ll see what she says in, say, 5 years or so.
- Best Fitness Trackers of 2016 - January 22, 2017
- How to Avoid Common Errors When Ordering Flowers Online - January 19, 2017
- Budget Friendly Family Activities - January 19, 2017
- Best Recipe Apps of 2016 - January 17, 2017
- HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA: ArcKit For Your Little Builder - December 20, 2016
- The Hidden Moving Costs Nobody Tells You About - December 18, 2016
- HOLIDAY DEALS: Zootopia and Miles From Tomorrowland Bundles on TOMY.com - December 10, 2016
- Christmas Trees On Parade - December 9, 2016
- Best Holiday Styles Ideas for Teen/Tween Boys - December 8, 2016
- Quilted Northern Target Cartwheel Offer! - December 5, 2016