KID SAID WHAT: The Song Stuck In My Head Is Kind Of Cool
Whenever we drive to daycare in the mornings, Lola and I don’t have a whole lot of conversation as she is like her mother…NOT the morning person. We usually sit in silence looking at the rising sun and the beautiful view of the lake. However this morning was different. I cranked up the radio and we sang and jammed out loudly to Katy Perry’s “Birthday”.
It was after the song that I turned the volume back down on our booming Camry to started flipping through the radio station. It was then that Lola randomly comments, “Mom, I love it when songs float around in my head. I really like it when they are my favorite songs.”
This really made me smile because you all know how that is, getting that song stuck in your head after hearing it on the radio or as you see or hear something that reminds you of that song. Often times it is one of those annoying moments where you wish your brain would just choose a different focus. While it isn’t always your favorite song, it is a catchy song. Lola is just now realizing that songs do get stuck in your head at random moments and she thinks it’s kind of cool. We’ll see what she says in, say, 5 years or so.
- Amazon.com 12 Days of Deals Starts Sunday - December 2, 2016
- How To Reduce Your Stress As A Working Parent - December 2, 2016
- #BalanceYourPlate And Your Time With Stouffer’s! - November 16, 2016
- Why You May Or May Not Want A Real Estate Agent - November 15, 2016
- HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA: HP Pavilion All-in-One Desktop (27-a040se) #HPPerforms - November 12, 2016
- #MessiestBabyContest: Letting Your Kid Get Messy Is A Good Thing! - November 8, 2016
- Daylight Saving Time: How To Adjust To The Change - November 4, 2016
- Spooktacular Halloween Party Ideas for Adults - October 29, 2016
- Tips for Studying While Raising Young Kids - October 28, 2016
- Healthy Halloween Snacks and Treats - October 22, 2016