6 Natural Hair Treatments That Really Work
Rather than spend a lot of money on hair shampoos and conditioners, save yourself some money by making natural hair treatments for products you have at home. Not only are you saving yourself some money, your hair is going to benefit from this natural hair treatment. Here are 6 natural hair treatments that really work.
1. Avocados– The next time your hair is looking dry and dull make a natural hair treatment with avocados. Peel an avocado and mash it well. Rub into hair and scalp. Leave on for 30 minutes and then rinse well. The oil found in avocados is similar to the oil in our hair. Dry hair will no longer be as dry.
2. Lemon– Squeeze some fresh lemon juice and mix it with a little water. Apply this to your hair if it is oily. The lemon juice will remove some of the oil and lighten your hair as well, if you happen to have blonde or light brown hair.
3. Eggs– Egg yolks help to add moisture to hair, while egg whites help to remove excessive oil. For normal hair, use the whole egg. Add to clean, damp hair and leave on for 30 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
4. Oil and Lemons– Make a mixture of freshly squeezed lemon and olive oil. Add this to your hair to condition your scalp and hair. Any oil build up on your hair is removed by the lemon and the olive oil conditions your scalp.
5. Cornstarch– Use cornstarch to remove the excessive oil from your hair. This is a dry application and much cheaper than those dry shampoos in a can. Sprinkle 1 T of cornstarch onto hair and let it sit for 30 minutes. Then brush it out.
6. Flat Beer– Surprisingly, flat beer works to help strengthen your hair. Mix some of it in a spray bottle to spritz on your hair at regular intervals. The proteins found in the beer will strengthen your hair. No need to rinse out. Use this twice a month for the best result.
- STEM MOMS: Moms Are Performing Better in Tech Startups - February 26, 2017
- MOMS IN SCHOOL: How Moms Can Find Time to Study - February 25, 2017
- Top Money Saving Tips when Saving for College Admissions - February 5, 2017
- Great Courses for Moms Returning to School - January 10, 2017
- How to Control Your Health Care Education Costs - January 10, 2017
- Recipes for Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings - December 11, 2016
- Leveraging Tech to Make Parenting Easier: 3 Essential Tips - December 4, 2016
- What Every Mother Should Know Before Returning to College - November 26, 2016
- The Best Black Friday Facebook Pages - November 23, 2016
- YUM ALERT: Basic Fruit Dip Recipes - November 15, 2016