Parents and Tweens: Which Parent Are You?
Be a responsible, friendly, communicative parent to your tween. Do set guidelines that need to be followed. This will give them insight into what you expect. Any inappropriate behavior should be dealt with accordingly. Punishments could be cutting back or eliminating television time, time on the computer or even restrictions in video game playing. Once the consequences are clearly outlined, your tween may be reluctant to step over the guidelines you have set out for them.
What Parent Are You
Being a parent to a tween is hard work. Emotions will be conflicting and you all may seem to be at lager heads for the most part. Let’s think of the tween years of the calm before the storm. Here are some parent types for you to ponder, so you can change your actions to reflect the parent type that you think can be a better role model for your tween.
The Ignorant Parent– The ignorant or clueless parent simply refuses to face matters head on. They may have evidence or feeling about certain behaviors that are not appropriate but refuse to bring the matter up to the tween. Sweeping things under the rug or wearing blinders is not going to help your tween in their teenage years. Not dealing with inappropriate behavior now, means that you accept this and it can continue.
So which parent are you?
- Camping Safety Tips You Need to Know - April 24, 2017
- Choosing the Best Summer Camp for Your Child - April 17, 2017
- Best Cinco de Mayo Celebrations in the United States - April 13, 2017
- Awesome Easter Basket Ideas for Boys - April 9, 2017
- Awesome Easter Basket Ideas for Girls - April 8, 2017
- Easy Spring Craft Ideas for Kids - April 7, 2017
- Why Women Love Vintage And Antique Jewelry - April 3, 2017
- How to Burn Calories While on Vacation - April 1, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why The Love With Food Snack Box Is Worth Signing Up For - April 1, 2017
- COUPON ALERT: Save $2 Off Any Luvs Diapers #SharetheLuv - March 31, 2017