Parents and Tweens: Which Parent Are You?
Be a responsible, friendly, communicative parent to your tween. Do set guidelines that need to be followed. This will give them insight into what you expect. Any inappropriate behavior should be dealt with accordingly. Punishments could be cutting back or eliminating television time, time on the computer or even restrictions in video game playing. Once the consequences are clearly outlined, your tween may be reluctant to step over the guidelines you have set out for them.
What Parent Are You
Being a parent to a tween is hard work. Emotions will be conflicting and you all may seem to be at lager heads for the most part. Let’s think of the tween years of the calm before the storm. Here are some parent types for you to ponder, so you can change your actions to reflect the parent type that you think can be a better role model for your tween.
The Ignorant Parent– The ignorant or clueless parent simply refuses to face matters head on. They may have evidence or feeling about certain behaviors that are not appropriate but refuse to bring the matter up to the tween. Sweeping things under the rug or wearing blinders is not going to help your tween in their teenage years. Not dealing with inappropriate behavior now, means that you accept this and it can continue.
So which parent are you?
- TEEN LIFE: Types of Peer Pressure (It’s Not All Bad!) - February 19, 2017
- Fun & Easy Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids to Make - February 14, 2017
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas - February 9, 2017
- Easy to Make Mexican Dip Recipes - February 5, 2017
- Best Family Resorts of 2016 - February 2, 2017
- Best Finance Apps of 2016 - January 26, 2017
- Best Fitness Trackers of 2016 - January 22, 2017
- How to Avoid Common Errors When Ordering Flowers Online - January 19, 2017
- Budget Friendly Family Activities - January 19, 2017
- Best Recipe Apps of 2016 - January 17, 2017