5 Time Saving Household Cleaners
Rather than spend a bundle of money purchasing expensive cleaners because of their convenience. Save yourself a bundle of money and time by using products that are normally found in your home.
1. Coca-Cola– Almost everyone has Coca-Cola in their home or can grab one from the corner variety store. Coca-Cola is pretty well known for cleaning the dirt and grime out of your toilet. Pour some of it into your toilet and let it sit for a while. Its bubbling action will remove some of the built up lime deposits. Another thing colas can be used for is to clean chrome and silver. Simply add some Coke or generic brand to a cloth or soft brush and apply it to the surface. Rinse and dry to a perfect shine.
2. Baking Soda– Baking soda in a bowl with a little water to make a paste can be used to clean silver on appliances such as stove tops. It can also be used to remove old pencil marks and even magic marker as well. Simply apply the paste to the area and scrub gently. Rinse and permit it to dry.
3. Baking Soda and Vinegar– Pour some baking soda into your drains and then add in some vinegar. An effervescent reaction occurs which works to remove build up grease and grime from your plumbing fixtures.
4. Salt– Salt helps to remove wine stains from carpets. So if you have some wine stains you want to remove grab the salt and pour it on. Mind you, you will need to use a lot of salt. Leave it on the stain for a while and then use the vacuum to lift the salt and stain.
5. Cornmeal– Get some cornmeal from your pantry and use it to clean stuffed toys and faux fur items. Place some cornmeal in a Ziploc bag and place the toy inside. Shake it vigorously like you are coating chicken and then let it sit for a couple of hours in the bag. Afterwards, shake the item to remove access cornmeal and then take it out of the bag. Your stuffed toy is now fresh and clean.
- Fantastic Ways to Celebrate Winter as a Family - February 13, 2016
- Delicious Winter Salad Ideas - February 5, 2016
- Avoiding Christmas Burnout - November 8, 2015
- Holiday Health Do’s and Don’ts - November 5, 2015
- How to Make the Holidays Easier When You Are Divorced - November 2, 2015
- What Retail Stores are Open Thanksgiving Day? - November 1, 2015
- The Best All-Natural Mood Boosters - October 28, 2015
- Best Fall Home Buying Tips - October 22, 2015
- Educational Thanksgiving Activities for Kids - October 20, 2015
- DIY Autumn Candles for Your Home - October 9, 2015