Now that the cooler weather is here, you may want to put away those summer clothes. A fall wardrobe should have some basic essentials that you can mix and match to complete your attire. Here are 10 Fall Wardrobe Essentials that you should have in your closet.
1. Black Turtleneck– Fall weather means cooler temperatures. A black turtleneck is a must-have for fall. Choose a material that provides warmth without bulk. Cashmere is a good choice.
2. Cardigan– Cardigans are great for fall. They can be worn over a nice white blouse for the office or over a comfortable tee for casual functions. Choose a plain, neutral color, such as black, white, or brown. Avoid multi-colored cardigans unless wearing jeans.
3. Boot Cut Jeans– Have at least one pair of stretchy boot cut jeans in your fall wardrobe. Make sure they are dark in color and have a certain percentage of Lycra in them. Stretch denim material is flattering and moves when you do.
4. Skinny Jeans– A fall wardrobe essential is a pair of skinny jeans. Make sure they are loose enough in the waist, so they will feel comfortable to wear.
5. White Blouse– Fall wardrobe essentials include a white blouse. This can be worn with a skirt, dress pants or a pair of jeans.
6. Skirt– Make sure to have at least two skirts in your fall wardrobe. Choose a skirt with a plain color and a nice cut. Black, brown or grey are good choices.
7. Ballet Flats– Ballets flats are a fall wardrobe essential. They are dressier than running shoes and come in a wide range of colors. Choose ones that are solid in color.
8. Black Pumps– Pumps are an essential wardrobe piece no matter the season. A black pair of comfortable pumps can be used for office wear and casual functions as well.
9. Tank Top– Tank tops can be worn under a cardigan or jacket. They can also be worn a la carte. Stick with solid colors.
10. Jacket– A jacket is a fall essential must have. Choose one that has pockets and flatters your figure. Grey, rust, brown or black are wise choices.
These 10 Fall Wardrobe Essentials will ensure that you have something to wear for the office and casual functions as well. Limit your choices of one to two items in each category.
What is your favorite piece of fashion for fall?