Chalk Preschool Review: FREE Learning Site For Your Kiddos
It seems as if every year kids are expected to know more before they actually enter the public school system. When I recently went to my daughter’s preschool screening I couldn’t believe the things that my little Lola was expected to know before she goes to kindergarten.
Apparently they don’t teach the ABC’s in Kindergarten. They build off of them and kids are supposed to already know how to read and write them BEFORE they get to school. Kids should also already know elements of geometry before they enter as well. I may be exaggerating there a tad, but don’t be surprised if that becomes a pre-requisite to receive Kindergarten honors, along with Pi.
My kids are very active (to put it nicely) kids and find it difficult to sit still for any amount of time so when I was asked to check out Chalk Preschool Chalk Preschool is a complete FREE service that helps your child attend “class” online. The classroom is full of fun and engaging videos. Although there is a definite focus on letters and numbers, there are also videos devoted towards the weather, art, math, and science. You can have up to four children on your account (under one email address) and each child is put into a classroom with age appropriate videos and activities. I was a little skeptical. These darn kids aren’t going to sit down for this!
However after my findings and the look on my daughter’s face as she was watching the instructional videos, I felt hopeful!
The best part of Chalk Preschool?
It is SOOOO user-friendly AND it comes up with preschool lesson plans for you so that all you busy parents out there don’t have to go through all the work of being organized and all that jazz. Oh, and did I mention Chalk Preschool is FREE? Well, it is. You cannot get better than free!
This week we learned the weather song, the ABC song, learned about working bugs and learned about sticks used in art. Also after all the fun video watching, there are printables available so your kiddo can work on those if he/she hasn’t had enough for the day.
As you can see, Miss Lola thoroughly enjoyed the videos.
Disclaimer: I have been compensated for this post, but the opinions expressed are all my own.
- Camping Safety Tips You Need to Know - April 24, 2017
- Choosing the Best Summer Camp for Your Child - April 17, 2017
- Best Cinco de Mayo Celebrations in the United States - April 13, 2017
- Awesome Easter Basket Ideas for Boys - April 9, 2017
- Awesome Easter Basket Ideas for Girls - April 8, 2017
- Easy Spring Craft Ideas for Kids - April 7, 2017
- Why Women Love Vintage And Antique Jewelry - April 3, 2017
- How to Burn Calories While on Vacation - April 1, 2017
- 5 Reasons Why The Love With Food Snack Box Is Worth Signing Up For - April 1, 2017
- COUPON ALERT: Save $2 Off Any Luvs Diapers #SharetheLuv - March 31, 2017