Weighting Patiently: It’s Time To Get Serious!!!
I have been working out with a personal trainer now for a year now. And although I have become better at keeping a decently consistent workout schedule, I haven’t put the other part to work yet…that whole eating part of it. And according to my trainer, 80% of losing weight is diet and healthy, sensible eating while 20% is the fitness part.
Well, let’s just say I have the 80% to work on.
The thing is, I know myself. I know what I do wrong. I know what I do right.
So last week I told my trainer these exact words, “It’s time to get serious!!! Enough of this sh**.” And if you know me, you know that those words mean business. I’m not one to throw inappropriate word bombs out there unless necessary. And this was a very necessary moment.
After last night concluded my “last horrible day of eating”, I ate oh you know, pizza, licorice, Oreos, and a very large piece of freshly made sour cream raisin pie, today was the day I started on a clean slate.
My husband made me a protein shake with fresh strawberries and a banana for breakfast. No, it wasn’t my typical coffee with creamer and Snickers Protein bar (which has been my daily ritual for the past year), but it sufficed. I lived.
AND, I even refrained from walking into the break room at work where a fresh chicken alfredo pizza and homemade cookies sat. Temptation kicked right in the crotch.
I ate a half salami sandwich with spinach, provolone cheese and banana peppers on it for lunch, a granola bar for a snack and a bowl of Chicken Wild Rice soup for dinner, along with a salad and I feel as if I was “good”.
Even though I concluded my day with a small splurge, 8 Whopper Easter Robin Eggs, I feel as if I am already making progress.
I had a solid hard workout with my trainer today and bam, I’m ready for tomorrow.
- TEEN LIFE: Types of Peer Pressure (It’s Not All Bad!) - February 19, 2017
- Fun & Easy Valentine’s Day Crafts for Kids to Make - February 14, 2017
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas - February 9, 2017
- Easy to Make Mexican Dip Recipes - February 5, 2017
- Best Family Resorts of 2016 - February 2, 2017
- Best Finance Apps of 2016 - January 26, 2017
- Best Fitness Trackers of 2016 - January 22, 2017
- How to Avoid Common Errors When Ordering Flowers Online - January 19, 2017
- Budget Friendly Family Activities - January 19, 2017
- Best Recipe Apps of 2016 - January 17, 2017