Age Appropriate Chores For Your Kids
With a bigger house, comes more to clean. With more kids, come more laundry, dirty dishes and nasty toilets. Just a couple of years ago we lived in a small three bedroom townhouse. Our youngest shared a room with my husband and I and while that seemed fine at the time, we knew that when we moved to the town we are in now that we would have to find a bigger house. And while I love the house we are in, I don’t love all there is to do to keep it kept.
And so, I have most recently enlisted my children 12 years, 7 years and 4 year old to help out with chores.
Personally I am not a fan of cleaning toilets and I was a tad curious as to if having my children do a little scrub-a-dub on the porcelain throne would be too much for child labor. According to this trusty little chart (see above), having my 12 year old do this is well…acceptable. So far I have some pretty good sock matchers, laundry folders and put-away-ers and dishwasher loaders.
What chores do you have your little ones help out with home, if any? What age do you think is appropriate for kids to help out at home?
- HOLIDAY DEALS: Zootopia and Miles From Tomorrowland Bundles on TOMY.com - December 10, 2016
- Christmas Trees On Parade - December 9, 2016
- Best Holiday Styles Ideas for Teen/Tween Boys - December 8, 2016
- Quilted Northern Target Cartwheel Offer! - December 5, 2016
- Amazon.com 12 Days of Deals Starts Sunday - December 2, 2016
- How To Reduce Your Stress As A Working Parent - December 2, 2016
- #BalanceYourPlate And Your Time With Stouffer’s! - November 16, 2016
- Why You May Or May Not Want A Real Estate Agent - November 15, 2016
- HOLIDAY GIFT IDEA: HP Pavilion All-in-One Desktop (27-a040se) #HPPerforms - November 12, 2016
- #MessiestBabyContest: Letting Your Kid Get Messy Is A Good Thing! - November 8, 2016